• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Students at Tech want to be armed! Poll at WSB Radio

So one person's legal right trumps another's right to not be put in unnecessary danger? I know what you're trying to say but comparing spitting out lead to spitting out babies is a stretch. Not the same type of consequence.

define unnecessary danger right now. do it. thats a buzzword used by people who describe a scenario they could see playing out, but have no real proof or figures to indicate the actual severity of said circumstance. so what would be the result of letting people who already have permits carry? one accident gun death extra per year? maybe two? how many crimes would this stop? these are questions that cant really be answered, and since neither can be answered then the only rational explanation is to permit those who already abide by state law to carry where they previously couldnt. i mean does location really have anything at all to do with safe firearm handling practices?

also people who have a license to drive and have to take tests still drive drunk and recklessly. people with firearms still have "accidents". even those with training

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDfNV9bJoSg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeGD7r6s-zU

requiring more red tape and giving the government just one more way to annoy those who wish to exercise their rights wont solve anything

Unnecessary danger is self-explanatory in this case. I have never seen nor heard it used as a "buzzword" (probably because it's two words lol). Anyhow, I'm assuming you've handled a gun before. But have you ever shot at someone? You ever had a gun shoved in your ribs while being robbed? The skill it takes to handle that type of situation properly is hard to train for and takes skill far, far beyond that of simply carrying a firearm.

All I'm saying is have some respect and consideration for people who could potentially fall victim to your self-defense. You're right, I can't quantify that danger, but it only takes one bystander getting killed, which could be your broter or sister or relative, to change your stance on the matter.

You're also assuming that guns on campus will deter crime. If that's the case, then why do banks and armored cars still get robbed?

No surprise there. I know I'm in the minority on this issue.

If you think about it, just like legislators pass restrictive, feel-good laws to appease the people and give them a false sense of security, this could be used to do the same. A training or briefing on handling this type of situation may accomplish absolutely nothing more than continue to give people a false sense of security, but at least it will put students in much better position than they are currently, and that's got to be a win. Beat them at their own game, if you will. I do realize that people are fed up with their personal liberties slowly being eroded, however, so I see both sides of the argument.

There is a study done somewhere showing the campuses where students can carry in the US have almost no crime and no accidental deaths on campus.

WTH! You lie! :)

How can educated adults exercising their right to carry not disintegrate into gun battles in the dorms? How is it possible that honest adults exercising their 2nd Amendment Rights lower crime? It defies all reasonable logic..... It's just not conceivable! :evil:

why should someone who is a grown ass adult be forced to be trained to exercise a right?
for the same reason that same grown ass adult needs to be trained to operate a motor vehicle. this context has obviously inherited the BOS and/or the 9mm vs. .45 demeanor.

your not trained on how to vote, or practice religion, or say what you want
:tape2: i rest my case.

Back
Top Bottom