• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sellers Beware

If they never meet your friend and reasonably verify your friend is legal to own the gun - the seller breaks GA law plain and simple. If you just said nothing and bought the gun - it was yours to do with as you pleased as long as you are legal to buy the gun. YOU created the problem, not the seller...

ask more questions and dont jump to conclusions. ask that guy if thats the real story or not. i didnt see one person ask "hey what actually happened" all i saw was a bunch of people bad mouthing some one they have never met. thats just ridiculous

Welcome to the Internet.

If they never meet your friend and reasonably verify your friend is legal to own the gun - the seller breaks GA law plain and simple. If you just said nothing and bought the gun - it was yours to do with as you pleased as long as you are legal to buy the gun. YOU created the problem, not the seller...

Can you please quote the law that makes a private straw sale illegal?

Can you please quote the law that makes a private straw sale illegal?

He is talking about the state stipulation regarding firearms sales where the seller has to be reasonably certain that the buyer is legal to own the gun.

One could just as easily argue that I am reasonably certain it is OK because dude lives in Canton and everyone in Canton is a good person. Or because he had on nice clothes and everyone that tucks their shirt in is a good person. or because he looked like a good person so he must be a good person.

Which is why the state and federal wording of being "reasonably" anything is BS.

He is talking about the state stipulation regarding firearms sales where the seller has to be reasonably certain that the buyer is legal to own the gun.

One could just as easily argue that I am reasonably certain it is OK because dude lives in Canton and everyone in Canton is a good person. Or because he had on nice clothes and everyone that tucks their shirt in is a good person. or because he looked like a good person so he must be a good person.

Which is why the state and federal wording of being "reasonably" anything is BS.

Gotcha. kind of hard to follow if you just comment without a quote.

This is simply too easy to poke fun at.

Gotcha. kind of hard to follow if you just comment without a quote.

You know what, i actually take it back, I didnt remember seeing this in the GA statute and can't find it now, this might only be a federal thing.

NGIB, if you have a link for this, post it up. I looked on georgiapacking and didnt see mention of it.

You know what, i actually take it back, I didnt remember seeing this in the GA statute and can't find it now, this might only be a federal thing.

NGIB, if you have a link for this, post it up. I looked on georgiapacking and didnt see mention of it.
§ 16-11-113. Offense of transferring firearm to individual other than actual buyer

Any person who attempts to solicit, persuade, encourage, or entice any dealer to transfer or otherwise convey a firearm other than to the actual buyer, as well as any other person who willfully and intentionally aids or abets such person, shall be guilty of a felony. This Code section shall not apply to a federal law enforcement officer or a peace officer, as defined in Code Section 16-1-3, in the performance of his or her official duties or other person under such officer's direct supervision.

Back
Top Bottom