• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sellers Beware

WGSNewnan

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
109   0
Reaction score
so i post a handgun for sale. i get an offer to buy immediately. problem is - this guy literally just joined here. no posts, no feedback, no nothing. anyways - im talking to him last night and he tells me he is buying it "for a friend".

Needless to say, i sent him a pm telling him im uncomfortable with the sale and am withdrawing my offer to sale to him.

Now all of a sudden im the bad guy, i get a hated response through pm going on about how i should learn the laws and how he will never do business with me again.

What a shame!

Point of the matter - Seller beware! with all the crap going on you better watch your own rear end. Lots and lots of posts about straw buyers infiltrating gun forums like ours trying to buy. especially right now.

F him, lol. I wouldn't sell a gun to anyone claiming they are buying for "a friend". Feedback wouldn't bother me, but I don't do sells to people who are friends of friends of friends....that's shady.

Doesn't he know the law? By his own admission he's not the actual purchaser and thereby in violation of the law.

Does he work for the ATF? Fast and Furious 2 underway?

It does not need to be in firearms chat. This has nothing to do with chatting about firearms. This is the 10th + thread about new people backing out. Its going to happen. Everybody knows to be careful. I guess it could go in the general section since this is what you feel like talking about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom