• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sellers Beware

Did he say why eh was buying it for a friend?

I'm not saying you should have done that. It's your sale, your rules.

Why would anyone buy a handgun for their friend on an online forum....? First purchase too. Either they have a lot of money and are really good gift givers, lol, or illegal transaction. It's not worth the risk, especially once the buyer has documented in a PM that they are buying the firearm for someone else. Wise decision for the seller.

It was ME who wanted to the buy the gun from this guy. I told him about my friend who's father recently passed away. The day his father died he told me that he wanted to get a ruger sr1911 and asked me if i could help him find one. His father died that night in a car wreck, which was also his fathers birthday. I came up with the idea of a group of us close friends pitching in money to buy the ruger sr1911 for my friend. Little did we know how hard it was going to be to find one. I told this guy that i wanted to sign a bill of sale and that we were going to get my friend to sign a bill of sale to transfer the possession of the gun to him from me. Which is the same damn thing as him selling the gun to me and me signing a bill of sale. It was 100% legal and not a "straw" purchase by any means. Before yall run your mouths and make inferences about me or my character why dont you first figure out the real story.

It was ME who wanted to the buy the gun from this guy. I told him about my friend who's father recently passed away. The day his father died he told me that he wanted to get a ruger sr1911 and asked me if i could help him find one. His father died that night in a car wreck, which was also his fathers birthday. I came up with the idea of a group of us close friends pitching in money to buy the ruger sr1911 for my friend. Little did we know how hard it was going to be to find one. I told this guy that i wanted to sign a bill of sale and that we were going to get my friend to sign a bill of sale to transfer the possession of the gun to him from me. Which is the same damn thing as him selling the gun to me and me signing a bill of sale. It was 100% legal and not a "straw" purchase by any means. Before yall run your mouths and make inferences about me or my character why dont you first figure out the real story.

How are we supposed to figure out the 'real story' if this is your first post?

ask more questions and dont jump to conclusions. ask that guy if thats the real story or not. i didnt see one person ask "hey what actually happened" all i saw was a bunch of people bad mouthing some one they have never met. thats just ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom