• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sellers Beware

F him, lol. I wouldn't sell a gun to anyone claiming they are buying for "a friend". Feedback wouldn't bother me, but I don't do sells to people who are friends of friends of friends....that's shady.

Yup. I'm ok with a noob...I'm not ok with all this "friend" nonsense.

It's a Straw-Purchase. When filling out a 4473, you must state that it's for you and if you're buying it for someone else, knowingly making a false statement on the Form 4473 indicating that the straw purchaser is the actual purchaser, when this is not the case. While no 4473 is necessary for private sales, how do you know that the "friend" isn't a felon?

I don't know that. Like I said, not illegal, but not prudent.

Great point and the reason why I wouldnt have done the deal, but also not the question being asked. Like you said, no 4473 required, so its not against the law. It might not be smart, but its not illegal.

Shoot, I know people that refused to deal with me because I wanted to see their GA driver's license. Not read it, or copy it, just glance at it to make sure they were a state resident. One of those types might not have a problem selling to anyone that doesnt come right out and say "I'm buying this for my friend the felon from Florida."

You're correct, it's not illegal, but not prudent at all. I like to err on the side of caution.

I personally think the ATF(agents)are moving in the direction of trying to get people to violate laws by openly telling someone something(they really dont need to know)..Such as: "Yeah,i will be buying this from you for a friend" or the one i had the other day who harassed me for a whole week... "umm..Yeah..I live in Tennessee and i am a Tennessee resident"...but i will be coming over to meet you"...

I declined to sell it to him in a face/face sale and he became angry and pushy!!

He called back the next day to tell me that he had talked to his brothers cousins uncle who said that it was legal to do face/face sale across state lines...and demanded i sell it to him....I said."No Thanx"..hung up.

The 3rd time he called me i asked just what his dam problem was?..And finally told him fine.Meet me at local FFL at 3pm and we will do the deal and i will even pay the $20 fee.He said it wasnt necessary and that his Mommas brothers son had said that it was ok..we didnt need a FFL?

I finally hung up and marked his phone# as do not answer in my adress book.
He still calls.

My last question to him was..Dont they sell Marlin 3030'S in Tennessee

I personally think the ATF(agents)are moving in the direction of trying to get people to violate laws by openly telling someone something(they really dont need to know)..Such as: "Yeah,i will be buying this from you for a friend" or the one i had the other day who harassed me for a whole week... "umm..Yeah..I live in Tennessee and i am a Tennessee resident"...but i will be coming over to meet you"...

I declined to sell it to him in a face/face sale and he became angry and pushy!!

He called back the next day to tell me that he had talked to his brothers cousins uncle who said that it was legal to do face/face sale across state lines...and demanded i sell it to him....I said."No Thanx"..hung up.

The 3rd time he called me i asked just what his dam problem was?..And finally told him fine.Meet me at local FFL at 3pm and we will do the deal and i will even pay the $20 fee.He said it wasnt necessary and that his Mommas brothers son had said that it was ok..we didnt need a FFL?

I finally hung up and marked his phone# as do not answer in my adress book.
He still calls.

My last question to him was..Dont they sell Marlin 3030'S in Tennessee

That's a whole lot of drama for a 30-30 sale..lol

Back
Top Bottom