• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sellers Beware

i was at the local pawn shop about a year ago. there was a lady in there with a rock river arms ar15 with a trijicon on top of it. she was trying to get $250 for it. the guy behind the counter would not budge from his $150 offer. she came outside and i was sitting in my truck next to the door. i already had $250 counted out and in my hand when she stepped out. i made contact with her, told her i over heard her in the shop, and told her i woudl give her $250 for the rifle. she said "ok, thank you! this rifle belongs to my son and he really needs the money bad". i immediately put my money back in my pocket and said "if its not your weapon, then i cannot purchase it from you".

i was immediately the bad guy in the situation.

Do you have her phone #? I have $8 in my wallet but I'm sure I can get the extra $242. :)

§ 16-11-113. Offense of transferring firearm to individual other than actual buyer

Any person who attempts to solicit, persuade, encourage, or entice any dealer to transfer or otherwise convey a firearm other than to the actual buyer, as well as any other person who willfully and intentionally aids or abets such person, shall be guilty of a felony. This Code section shall not apply to a federal law enforcement officer or a peace officer, as defined in Code Section 16-1-3, in the performance of his or her official duties or other person under such officer's direct supervision.

you sure about that?

This is talking about dealers. Shall somebody make another attempt?

Sorry about the hassle you had with that guy. It gives those of us that are just starting out a bad rap. I am a new poster as well but I really do have items to sell and trade. Your right about being careful.

Sorry about the hassle you had with that guy. It gives those of us that are just starting out a bad rap. I am a new poster as well but I really do have items to sell and trade. Your right about being careful.

It's a shame us "Newbs" get lumped into the same category as the get it now wave riders. Some of us have no intention of executing any of the d-baggery shenanigans people are complaining about.

It's a shame us "Newbs" get lumped into the same category as the get it now wave riders. Some of us have no intention of executing any of the d-baggery shenanigans people are complaining about.

Yeah, but the majority do not stay, ask ridiculous prices, make outrageous claims, act as if they have the only one in the world(whatever they are selling), and when asked a question, they do not know what you are talking about. Made quite a few deals here and the last one will probably be my last one (as I was mislead and being a man of my word I followed through with my committment to barter) unless I get to feeling better about the "family" I have known here so long. I sincerely hope we are not being so overrun with immature, video playing infantiles that character seems to have gone on hiatus and generally good bartering is now a thing of the past. Rant over.

straw buy
not your fault dont sell contact mods tell them about this guy
if you did sell knowing that it was not for him you would be the bad guy and in jail and have a 5000 dollar fine to boot so fu$% him.

Back
Top Bottom