• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

sell me on a .22 can

Jake told me that the SpectreII was built like a tank and he recommended getting it over a lot of the other cans due to being able to shoot 22mag, and 5.7x28 if I wanted later and it was priced about the same then. The CTA baffle system keeps all the trash (lead and powder) confined to the inside of the baffles and is a big help in cleaning. This means that you can get stack out for cleaning easier and dip them if you want. I got the HTA T22because it is an integral with porting and the Gemtech Mist didn't have the porting and people said that it was a lot louder. It was also about $150 cheaper. I really like, no love, my T22 for the 10/22 and am just waiting for them to finally get a takedown version to market. If they wait much longer, I'll just get a threaded replacement barrel or one of the TacSol SB-X barrels.

22 can are really addicting as they will just put a silly smile on your face when you shoot them. Everyone I have ever handed a suppressed 22 to shoot, has had the same silly grin. Next questions are how much, what do I need to do to get one, and where do you get them at. Just remember that the host, barrel length, and ammo speed (sub vs super sonic) make a big difference on any suppressed host.

Jake told me that the SpectreII was built like a tank and he recommended getting it over a lot of the other cans due to being able to shoot 22mag, and 5.7x28 if I wanted later and it was priced about the same then. The CTA baffle system keeps all the trash (lead and powder) confined to the inside of the baffles and is a big help in cleaning. This means that you can get stack out for cleaning easier and dip them if you want. I got the HTA T22because it is an integral with porting and the Gemtech Mist didn't have the porting and people said that it was a lot louder. It was also about $150 cheaper. I really like, no love, my T22 for the 10/22 and am just waiting for them to finally get a takedown version to market. If they wait much longer, I'll just get a threaded replacement barrel or one of the TacSol SB-X barrels.

22 can are really addicting as they will just put a silly smile on your face when you shoot them. Everyone I have ever handed a suppressed 22 to shoot, has had the same silly grin. Next questions are how much, what do I need to do to get one, and where do you get them at. Just remember that the host, barrel length, and ammo speed (sub vs super sonic) make a big difference on any suppressed host.
the mist did come ported and there is a thread around saying they will port it free of charge if you get a newer one. Never verified as mine came factory ported and is very quiet

Back
Top Bottom