• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on Boosters!

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
Am green as green can get...

Just went all in on an Octane 45 to be used on an FNX Tactical. Will also want to use on a CZ SP01 9mm eventually.

What will I need in the way of a booster and other attachments to go back an forth?

You need threaded barrels for the guns you want to suppress
And a booster for each thread pitch. 9 and 45 are typically different.

The other option is griffin quick attach and you’d only need one booster, but will need their adapter for every barrel.

From what I'm reading a booster allows the gun to cycle with the extra weight of a suppressor on the front end. Do you have to use a booster, or do some suppressors allow for not using a booster and/or the type of ammo?

Where would be a good place to buy a booster? Or what brands to look at?

From what I'm reading a booster allows the gun to cycle with the extra weight of a suppressor on the front end. Do you have to use a booster, or do some suppressors allow for not using a booster and/or the type of ammo?

Where would be a good place to buy a booster? Or what brands to look at?
you pretty much have to use a booster on anything with a tilt up barrel, usually. Fixed barrels, PCCs, or super light cans with heavy ammo don't usually use them. Your octane probably came with a 45 booster already. Since boosters are can-pattern specific, the easiest thing to do it get the same brand in a 9mm thread. You can also get a direct thread adapter if you plan on using it with PCCs, but I always just used the booster anyway.

Am green as green can get...

Just went all in on an Octane 45 to be used on an FNX Tactical. Will also want to use on a CZ SP01 9mm eventually.

What will I need in the way of a booster and other attachments to go back an forth?
You can use sico boosters or rugged. buy what's cheaper/available. both work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom