• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Question about the current gun/ammo panic

If anyone is looking for bulk 22LR go to Barnes store in Carrollton Georgia. They easily have well over 100,000 rounds of browning 22 in 36 and 40 grain priced normal.

Probably have somewhere around at least 30-40 cases of 22LR at Mainstreet Guns and Range. Not many of our clientele are all that interested in 22 anything. I ain't saying the prices are all that good, as most our ammo prices sucked before Covid, but we aint in any danger of running out of 22LR any time soon. We also have several cases of 12 ga 00 buck thats not really going anywhere.

Probably have somewhere around at least 30-40 cases of 22LR at Mainstreet Guns and Range. Not many of our clientele are all that interested in 22 anything. I ain't saying the prices are all that good, as most our ammo prices sucked before Covid, but we aint in any danger of running out of 22LR any time soon. We also have several cases of 12 ga 00 buck thats not really going anywhere.
Good to know for quite a few folks. Thanks for sharing that.

How much for the buck shot?

Yeah, 22 seems to be hanging in there this time around, although the price has gone up almost double in most cases, and all the bargain stuff is gone. Last time even the expensive target ammo disappeared, so we aren't quite that bad (yet?).

This shortage seems to be all about common defensive calibers. And even there I see plenty of 40 on the shelves, and 357 SIG is easy to find as well.

Unlike the Sandy Hook panic, where you could still get the expensive defence loads, this time around those are completely sold out as well... Maybe even more so than range ammo (FMJ) in popular calibers like 9mm and 45 ACP.

Millions of new gun owners have never known cheap ammo
While we are priced out of the market for now, they just see it as the price of admission

Heck, a lot of 'old' gun owners don't have a good feel for ammo prices.

I had a friend who would tell me every time he found 9mm FMJ for $16-17 a box, and I was trying to tell him he should be paying half that if he shopped around or went online.

People are morons. This gun and ammo shortage is self inflicted. It's not going anywhere, but paranoid people THINK it is, so they start buying and hoarding and then they create the very shortages that they were afraid of, and go, AHA! See, it is going away! And they use that to justify their stupidity...

Back
Top Bottom