• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA is the bestest

So after reading this thread I’ve gathered
PSA is better than KAC but Bear Creek Arsenal is still the king of ARs

FB_IMG_1673153175775.jpg

PSA doesn't give you what you want, they give you what you need.

Better quality? That missing part in your bag? An MP5? A return email from customer service? That's all a bunch of dumb **** you just want, they ain't going to give you that dumb ****, they gonna give you what you need. And what you need is 32 different garbage rod AR's.

Back to the topic at hand, did they ever say how long of a time period it took them to shoot 5k rounds? And how often were they cleaning/lubricating the rifle? Im assuming since its a freedom upper the barrel is not chrome lined. Isnt the point of a chrome lined barrel that it handles the heat associated with running full auto better, thus resulting in less barrel wear? I feel like for a semi normal user that shoots 500 to 1k rounds a year the outcome would be a good bit different.

On another note, I fully understand this is a cheap, budget AR they produce in mass numbers. It would not be my first choice for a battle rifle, but im also a poor and cant afford a DD or SOLGW. I myself have a lower i put together with one of their EPT MOE kits that im saving up to buy an FN barreled upper for. I probably will spend the extra cash and buy another brand BCG and bolt for said upper.
Best I could gather, it was shot over 2-3 outings, never more than 3 consecutive mags (90 rounds) on full auto, and lubrication (but not cleaning) as needed.

I’ve had a few PSA stripped lowers . Got 2 left (completed) , haven’t had any trouble with. One hardly gets used but gets used hard and the other is my youngest girls. I keep telling her we’ll swap it out , cause it has an older Colt LE M4 on it but if it’s gonna keep going? It gets used and abused often. I have a BCM lower for it that she don’t want?

I’ve had a few PSA stripped lowers . Got 2 left (completed) , haven’t had any trouble with. One hardly gets used but gets used hard and the other is my youngest girls. I keep telling her we’ll swap it out , cause it has an older Colt LE M4 on it but if it’s gonna keep going? It gets used and abused often. I have a BCM lower for it that she don’t want?

Be careful letting your child shoot that cheap piece of junk. Should be child abuse to let a child shoot something so poorly made.

Back
Top Bottom