• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA is the bestest

FB_IMG_1707871139314.jpg

Back to the topic at hand, did they ever say how long of a time period it took them to shoot 5k rounds? And how often were they cleaning/lubricating the rifle? Im assuming since its a freedom upper the barrel is not chrome lined. Isnt the point of a chrome lined barrel that it handles the heat associated with running full auto better, thus resulting in less barrel wear? I feel like for a semi normal user that shoots 500 to 1k rounds a year the outcome would be a good bit different.

On another note, I fully understand this is a cheap, budget AR they produce in mass numbers. It would not be my first choice for a battle rifle, but im also a poor and cant afford a DD or SOLGW. I myself have a lower i put together with one of their EPT MOE kits that im saving up to buy an FN barreled upper for. I probably will spend the extra cash and buy another brand BCG and bolt for said upper.

A company with **** customer service having their barrel fried in 5000 rounds isn’t really impressive.
Come on now.. that’s 5k rds of full auto that would probably be in reality around 25 to 30k rds in semi auto that’s pretty impressive for a $300 upper for the average person… Psa is pretty awesome for the money..

Back to the topic at hand, did they ever say how long of a time period it took them to shoot 5k rounds? And how often were they cleaning/lubricating the rifle? Im assuming since its a freedom upper the barrel is not chrome lined. Isnt the point of a chrome lined barrel that it handles the heat associated with running full auto better, thus resulting in less barrel wear? I feel like for a semi normal user that shoots 500 to 1k rounds a year the outcome would be a good bit different.

On another note, I fully understand this is a cheap, budget AR they produce in mass numbers. It would not be my first choice for a battle rifle, but im also a poor and cant afford a DD or SOLGW. I myself have a lower i put together with one of their EPT MOE kits that im saving up to buy an FN barreled upper for. I probably will spend the extra cash and buy another brand BCG and bolt for said upper.

My brother in Christ, if you are saving up money for a PSA upper, worry not about the 5 thousand rounds.

Haha, no worries. I own a couple PSA guns already. I doubt ill ever get 2k rounds through any of them, unless things go south. Only big issue ive seen with PSA is them not dimpling the barrel for low profile gas blocks. I havent had any issues with guns ive helped build or shot. Then again i dont shoot near as much as some on here, or see near as many guns as others.

Back
Top Bottom