• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA is the bestest

I'm very glad you have had limited issues with them. I'd say then it's just me, but I know that's not the case.

I'll agree 100%, PSA is the BEST in its price range, absolutely. It is NOT just as good as higher tier guns, and that's where I speak up and say something.

I have personally seen these issues from PSA, where I ordered directly from them... starting back in 2010, when they really only did parts...

Several lower parts kits missing complete sections:
1. Missing the entire mag catch parts.
2. Missing the entire take down pins.
3. A USED buffer was included in my most current order that I receivedSaturday, which was SKU 600, FDE MOE lower parts kit. Everything else was fine, and I won't be returning it simply for a used buffer but still.

Other issues:

Complete lower that didn't have the castle nut staked.
Complete lower with the hammer and trigger springs installed incorrectly
Complete lower that appeared to be missing the gold pins for the take down pins, but upon breakdown, where installed first, then the springs.

Complete upper with canted FSB.
Complete upper missing the gas tube.
BCG where the gas key wasn't staked
BCG where the gas key was staked but still loose and rattled ( to be fair, I looked @ a LMT rifle last month that had the same issue)

That's 10 issues, that all happened to me. This is not second hand. I could 10x this list second hand.

Most of the issues happened 2010 to 2014 with the missing parts kits happening 2019/2020 and the 2024 used buffer.

I went to PSA directly to fix my issues, if I didn't fix them myself. Which might explain why you have only seen 4 issues. Maybe PSA hates me, even though I have friends that are happily employed with them now, lol.

View attachment 6969031
View attachment 6969035

2010-2014 was a wild ass time for AR manufacturers. Despite all PSA faults at that time, let's be real, the reason you me and everyone else were buying their stuff back then is because they were the only ones that consistently had reasonably priced parts in stock.

2010-2014 was a wild ass time for AR manufacturers. Despite all PSA faults at that time, let's be real, the reason you me and everyone else were buying their stuff back then is because they were the only ones that consistently had reasonably priced parts in stock.

100%, which is why I added the years in there, as I knew it mattered.

I'm very glad you have had limited issues with them. I'd say then it's just me, but I know that's not the case.

I'll agree 100%, PSA is the BEST in its price range, absolutely. It is NOT just as good as higher tier guns, and that's where I speak up and say something.

I have personally seen these issues from PSA, where I ordered directly from them... starting back in 2010, when they really only did parts...

Several lower parts kits missing complete sections:
1. Missing the entire mag catch parts.
2. Missing the entire take down pins.
3. A USED buffer was included in my most current order that I receivedSaturday, which was SKU 600, FDE MOE lower parts kit. Everything else was fine, and I won't be returning it simply for a used buffer but still.

Other issues:

Complete lower that didn't have the castle nut staked.
Complete lower with the hammer and trigger springs installed incorrectly
Complete lower that appeared to be missing the gold pins for the take down pins, but upon breakdown, where installed first, then the springs.

Complete upper with canted FSB.
Complete upper missing the gas tube.
BCG where the gas key wasn't staked
BCG where the gas key was staked but still loose and rattled ( to be fair, I looked @ a LMT rifle last month that had the same issue)

That's 10 issues, that all happened to me. This is not second hand. I could 10x this list second hand.

Most of the issues happened 2010 to 2014 with the missing parts kits happening 2019/2020 and the 2024 used buffer.

I went to PSA directly to fix my issues, if I didn't fix them myself. Which might explain why you have only seen 4 issues. Maybe PSA hates me, even though I have friends that are happily employed with them now, lol.

View attachment 6969031
View attachment 6969035
Oh, I have had parts missing from parts kits but I hardly classify that as a problem with their firearms. It is a problem with employees not putting the right parts in the bag and it happens with most any company that I have dealt with, which is quite a few BTW. There are very few if any manufacturer makes their own small parts that I know of. They are all sourced from several different small parts manufacturers then put together to make small parts kits, lower parts kits etc. So at least three out of your 10 problems were with parts kits.
PSA first went into business in 2008 selling magazines and ammo online so basically most of your complaints (according to your post) took place when they were a very young company, which by most standards, they still are.

Back
Top Bottom