• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project: Levergun

An Aimpoint or EoTech would work well. Love the rifle, nice work. The target crown looks great too.
That's where my head is too....although, I'm also thinking that a reflex sight à la a Burris Fastfire might be slick, too.:noidea:

Looks Slick...Congtrats....Range report?
Work keeps me jammed up during the week and I absolutely refuse to shoot rifles indoors unless I have to, so range report with have to be this weekend or next....but it's coming.

I have a feeling this thread is going to cost me some time and money.
Hmm Where is that ole dirty thirty?
As it sits, I am into the rifle a grand total of $340 dollars......the LeverRails are suprisingly reasonable at only $60 a pop and I got the gun on the cheap. Now time on the other hand...yeah, that added up in a hurry with the 14 total coats. :lol:

That's where my head is too....although, I'm also thinking that a reflex sight à la a Burris Fastfire might be slick, too.:noidea:

I played around with my Chinese Fastfire clone on mine, it's a good fit. Right where you want it to be with the cheekweld. Aimpoint on absolute cowitness was way too high. I'm looking for a 1-4x with 6-8 inches of eye relief, but I'm starting to think such a beast may not exist.

Here is my most recent build thread...pistol to straight grip conversion including cold forging the lever. Over all style is to take the rifle into 1963 Marlin Marauder configuration. Included is the Slow Rust Blue process and a few other mods. Short barrels on the 3030 w/iron or scope sights do quite well out to 150 meters and are as accurate or more so than the longer barrels.

Enjoy.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/178327-Marauder-Style-Conversion

Here is my most recent build thread...pistol to straight grip conversion including cold forging the lever. Over all style is to take the rifle into 1963 Marlin Marauder configuration. Included is the Slow Rust Blue process and a few other mods. Short barrels on the 3030 w/iron or scope sights do quite well out to 150 meters and are as accurate or more so than the longer barrels.

Enjoy.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/178327-Marauder-Style-Conversion
Thanks for the comment...your thread was actually part of my inspiration. Cool to have you show up here! Well done to you, sir!

OK, what we've all been waiting on...the eye candy. Finally got some good weather and free time in combination so I took her out on the back forty for a photo shoot. I'm currently trying a fastfire clone just to see if I like it before investing, but am definitely going to keep the BUIS. As it sits now, they sight over the top of the fastfire so that if the battery goes down or the optic becomes occluded, failing a QD mount, I'll still have serviceable sights. Hope you like!

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_IMG_1573_zps242cd2f0.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_IMG_1582_zps74b9351e.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_IMG_1580_zps86b7c4b2.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_IMG_1578_zpsafb8e060.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_IMG_1584_zpsfb06a1a1.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_IMG_1583_zps6cb95281.jpg

Back
Top Bottom