• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project: Levergun

Okaaayyyy! I got it. Perzactly the way my kids tie their shoelaces. 40eleven billion granny knots. I'll get the heathens to lace up my levers since they are already experts.

If I had a big hoop, I'd do it myself but, as is, my bear mitts barely fit in the standard hoop as is.

I can do it to my sons 30/30. I have made quite a few bracelets, slings out of para cord. I think a leather wrapped lever and a leather shell holder on the butt stock would look real nice!

I have thought about the leather but stock sleeve with ammo loops. I'm not up to fabricating one but might buy one if I found one that struck my fancy.

Seriously guys, if you like lever guns at all I suggest you find an old one and go to work on your own project. I cannot overstate how much I enjoyed tinkering with this project. It's not the "Mac Daddy" of guns or anything but dog gone it, it was fun doing it.

I have thought about the leather but stock sleeve with ammo loops. I'm not up to fabricating one but might buy one if I found one that struck my fancy.

Seriously guys, if you like lever guns at all I suggest you find an old one and go to work on your own project. I cannot overstate how much I enjoyed tinkering with this project. It's not the "Mac Daddy" of guns or anything but dog gone it, it was fun doing it.

Agreed!

Well it only took me two months to get out to the range with this thing but I finally did. First thing I noticed was that I hated the red dot and BUIS setup...not only did it just not "feel" right, I couldn't ever get it to mount in a way that felt right either. So I cleared off the rail and put on my backup option...a Leupold EER 2x pistol scope and she started to come alive. Burned through plenty of ammo and really enjoyed the rifle! This group was shot @ 75yds....not super awesome, but for hunting, it's Minute of Mealtime for sure! :thumb:

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_170EA67D_0BA9_424F_83d79b503789cd5275c9579470f66affc.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_F5109793_E535_4C1A_B05adec5db24b385d4326b4c78e5ed78b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom