• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project: Levergun

I've been thinking about a 30-30 lever gun for a while but this thread pushed me over the top. I went out and found me a old Marlin 336 30-30 today. Let the work and mods begin.

Man, that is one nice looking piece! Now I will just have to get you to do one of mine!

Anytime! :thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

I've been thinking about a 30-30 lever gun for a while but this thread pushed me over the top. I went out and found me a old Marlin 336 30-30 today. Let the work and mods begin.

Good luck...it was a lot of fun!

As it sits, I am into the rifle a grand total of $340 dollars......the LeverRails are suprisingly reasonable at only $60 a pop and I got the gun on the cheap. Now time on the other hand...yeah, that added up in a hurry with the 14 total coats. :lol:

was the rail custom or do they make it for this application? i would love love love to do this to mine! BUIS + red dot = awesome GA deer gun! specially in 30-30!

Thanks for the comment...your thread was actually part of my inspiration. Cool to have you show up here! Well done to you, sir!

Awesome! Good to see folks out there gettin familiar with their arms on a more than bench rest basis. We all need to be more than parts swappers where our defensive and sporting capabilities are concerned. Really neat subdued look for the wood and I actually like the rail mount. Lots of versitility there from back up sights to dots to scopes. I think you'll find it doin its best work out to 150 m but 200 for deer is not out of the humane possibility if you zero properly to hit in the boiler room at that range. With that sight arrangement it appears you've retained the carryability of an iron sighted gun i.e. the scope dosn't appear to be in the way of the hand on the front of the action when carried. More and more Power being beamed to ya via the GoodVibes pathways, keep at it and keep us posted on this fine job yer doin!!!

PS Very nicely done recessed crown. Get extra spuds for different calibers, now you've done one with accuracy and no lathe, you'll be lookin at short'n up somethin else! :)

Last edited:
OK, what we've all been waiting on...the eye candy. Finally got some good weather and free time in combination so I took her out on the back forty for a photo shoot. I'm currently trying a fastfire clone just to see if I like it before investing, but am definitely going to keep the BUIS. As it sits now, they sight over the top of the fastfire so that if the battery goes down or the optic becomes occluded, failing a QD mount, I'll still have serviceable sights. Hope you like!

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_IMG_1573_zps242cd2f0.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_IMG_1582_zps74b9351e.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_IMG_1580_zps86b7c4b2.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_IMG_1578_zpsafb8e060.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_IMG_1584_zpsfb06a1a1.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_IMG_1583_zps6cb95281.jpg

EEEEEK! It's an Assault Rifle! Hey that looks darn fine there sir. Well done!

Awesome! Good to see folks out there gettin familiar with their arms on a more than bench rest basis. We all need to be more than parts swappers where our defensive and sporting capabilities are concerned. Really neat subdued look for the wood and I actually like the rail mount. Lots of versitility there from back up sights to dots to scopes. I think you'll find it doin its best work out to 150 m but 200 for deer is not out of the humane possibility if you zero properly to hit in the boiler room at that range. With that sight arrangement it appears you've retained the carryability of an iron sighted gun i.e. the scope dosn't appear to be in the way of the hand on the front of the action when carried. More and more Power being beamed to ya via the GoodVibes pathways, keep at it and keep us posted on this fine job yer doin!!!

PS Very nicely done recessed crown. Get extra spuds for different calibers, now you've done one with accuracy and no lathe, you'll be lookin at short'n up somethin else! :)
Thank you, sir! It has been a fun a little project and as you said, past 200m it's more or less useless, hence the low profile/lack of magnification of the optics setup.

- - - Updated - - -

EEEEEK! It's an Assault Rifle! Hey that looks darn fine there sir. Well done!

:yo:

Back
Top Bottom