• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project: Levergun

rOmiLaYu

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
245   0
Reaction score
I've been wanting to chop up and play with one for awhile and finally found a good candidate. I wanted to stay in the 30/30 caliber due to its ballistic similarities to 7.62x39 and I feel (can't prove) that the additional barrel band on the Marlin 336 hampers accuracy over the older Glenfield Model 30A....plus I didn't want a safety.

So I found this old deer slayer.....

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_Marlin1_zps245eae5f.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_Marlin5_zpse775ece6.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_2030A_20Project_Marlin3_zpsc333bf36.jpg

Looks like someone redid the stock and forend at some point....they're so slick and shiny, I can't imagine trying to carry it in the bush....so, time to get to work...stay tuned. :thumb:

FINAL UPDATE:

Final build pics at the following link:
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/301095-Project-Levergun?p=1698479&viewfull=1#post1698479

Final optics configuration:

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/301095-Project-Levergun?p=2082395&viewfull=1#post2082395

Last edited:
Nice, great starter for sure very clean. I am just about to finish my Project Marlin. That is if I am happy with the end result. Good luck look forward to the progress pics.

Could that scope be any further back? How would you ever get a sight picture out of that? Sorry, never had a 30-30 lever gun. Maybe that's the way they're supposed to be.

Maybe reverse the rear mount and slide 'er forward?

Regardless, I'll be eagerly anticipating the next installment on this thread!

Love the project threads!

Could that scope be any further back? How would you ever get a sight picture out of that? Sorry, never had a 30-30 lever gun. Maybe that's the way they're supposed to be.

Maybe reverse the rear mount and slide 'er forward?

Regardless, I'll be eagerly anticipating the next installment on this thread!

Love the project threads!
I mounted it once or twice and didnt notice it being too far aft....it lines up pretty nice with the comb in the stock, but you're right...it does look like pretty far back. Nevermind though, it was the first thing I took off ;)

I see why you're waiting on xs now. Mine is actually a 30a too. I have some grey stain left over if you need it... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom