• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project: Levergun

Crown looks good!!! Did you use a lathe or just take your time with a drill?

Made a .30 jig that then narrowed to diameter of the hole in the cutter on a lathe, then hand turned and cut the crown in the vise having bolted the jig to the handle of the crown cutting tool.

Got her all put back together....will take some better pics outside and once I get the LeverRail installed that's coming in the mail tomorrow :thumb:

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_207cec1314c0a8138da8cb401421ae4c91.jpg

That looks really nice! Just don't tell me about the hacksaw next time. I have seen too many poorly done hacksaw jobs over the years. Yours is really looking good. The stain you used is going to really pop out in the sun. Congrats!

It's looking good!! Makes you feel proud I bet!!

So far, so good!

That looks really nice! Just don't tell me about the hacksaw next time. I have seen too many poorly done hacksaw jobs over the years. Yours is really looking good. The stain you used is going to really pop out in the sun. Congrats!
Solid copy on the hacksaw for next time. :thumb: as to the stain, we'll see...I am hoping it stays muted but we'll see.

Got her all put back together....will take some better pics outside and once I get the LeverRail installed that's coming in the mail tomorrow :thumb:

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_Glenfield_20Model_207cec1314c0a8138da8cb401421ae4c91.jpg

Looking good! I like the 16”, you're tempting me to hack the Grey Goose. Did you lose one round or two in the mag?

Put my lever rail on last night. I had to file out the back of the hole over the little thing that goes in the rear sight dovetail a little to line it up with the receiver holes, but otherwise straight drop in. Really solid.

Looking good! I like the 16”, you're tempting me to hack the Grey Goose. Did you lose one round or two in the mag?

Put my lever rail on last night. I had to file out the back of the hole over the little thing that goes in the rear sight dovetail a little to line it up with the receiver holes, but otherwise straight drop in. Really solid.
It fit five before and five after.....I couldn't get that sixth one in to save my life before I chopped it. It would go in all the way to the rim, but that was it. I read somewhere that trimming the mag spring helped get the sixth in, but since I was chopping it, I didn't bother.

I've read that the leverrail fitting on the Model30A's is a little more laborious than on a 336....we'll see.

Oh, and :lol: @ "The Grey Goose."

Back
Top Bottom