• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

pocket carry 101

The Old Jaybird

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
With the current social situation deteriorating, and the weather heading into fall, considering pocket carry. I am too fat for any waistband holsters. I have a few small handguns, Glock 26, Bersa Thunder 380, Taurus 38 snubby, etc.

Any and all tips, hints or suggestions welcomed.

I have a pocket carry. It's a Remington RM 380, Crimson Tide Lazer with a Talon pocket holster.
DSCN2359.JPG

1- I like pocket carry.
I have a .38 snubby
a .22 magnum mini revolver,
and a micro-sized .380 for that role.

The .380 and .38 spl have lasers, as the factory sights suck.

2-- It it's very difficult to draw from a pocket holster while seated.
If you are in your car and accosted by rioters or a Robbing crew,
good luck trying to get that gun in time when your pants are tight by your expanded thighs from the seated position.

3- Even when you are standing pocket holsters can be difficult to draw from because the gun can change orientation wobbling in your pocket so the grip faces a different direction than what you expect.
Some pants pockets are worse than others it depends on the shape of the lining of the pocket when it was cut at the factory.

I suppose if you are serious enough about it you could have a seamstress or tailor custom configure your right front pants pockets for all your trousers to facilitate pocket carry.
189E05ED-870F-4F03-9ADB-D304F5BCD288.jpeg
501CDF16-A289-4C81-BA42-C0CF27129857.jpeg

A squared- end (rectangular) shaped pocket holster
will not keep the rig oriented the right way if the lining of your pocket is sewn into a different shape, like if it tapers to a point.

Back
Top Bottom