• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you carry your EDC with the safety on or off?

When I go into a particularly known bad area (like inside the perimeter) I stuff two earplugs in my trigger housing to bypass that stupid little trigger bar safety so I get that additional operator advantage !!

I don't like a manual safeties,
and the only time I have ever used one regularly was on a "single action only" automatic pistol like the 1911 design.

I generally don't mind having a manual safety on a handgun I'm just never going to flip it to the "safe" position.
And it has to be a safety that will not accidentally get bumped into the safe position either.

When it was just liitle ol me, No safety, chambered. Ready to go. Now, kids... clear chamber, safety, locked up unless on me... blah blah barf. I know the obvious downside, but I can not get past the "possibility" that, somehow it is not my hand on my weapon!

I carried 1911’s cocked and locked for many years. Changed to hammer fired double action with safety but always carry hammer down safety off. Just picked up my first striker fired no safety and trying to convince my mind it’s safe. It’s a tough transition for me.

I did not read any of the posts above mine, so this may have already been said.

Carry the way you train. I have a safety so I am always training with it.

No one has ever had a ND and shot themselves with a manual safety engaged. How often has someone been shot drawing their pistol and not disengaging the safety?

Back
Top Bottom