• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you carry your EDC with the safety on or off?

If you can't manipulate it easily, probably shouldn't be carrying it.

I have no problem carrying a manual safety gun, just train the operation of it. Obviously something like a 1911/2011 it's pretty easy, and safety off as the gun clears the holster and only back on when it's going back in.

It's better to use it and learn to deactivate it on the draw stroke versus thinking it's off and then having an instance of the gun not able to fire because it accidentally got engaged.

I always carry with the safety off, as long as it remains in the holster, the holster is my safety.
If I want to remove from the holster for any other reason than to pull the trigger, the safety goes on first.

I would prefer if my Ruger didn't have a safety at all. There are some youtube videos of people removing their safety, I just haven't got around to it yet.

I recently switched my EDC from a Glock 30S (no safety) to a Ruger Security 9 (with safety). I carry IWB but have noticed that when I take the pistol out at the range that I have to look for the safety and it's not something I can manipulate quickly and effectively during a stressful situation. As such, when I carry to church as part of the security team, I take the safety off and reholster before going in. I never touch the trigger or penetrate the trigger guard unless I'm going to fire so probably will not have a ND.

What is your feeling on safeties in general and what do you do with your EDC. I can practice a lot and maybe get better at finding it in a hurry but never know what stress is going to cause. So, far now, on duty, safety is off.
The Glock has a hinged-trigger safety.

The 1 sec it takes you to pull the trigger and realize the safety is on, then the one or 2 sec it takes you to switch the safety off equals 2-3 seconds....that is a LIFETIME..
I don't have a manual safety lever on my carry weapons..But Psycho motors skills will take care of that problem..It take 4-5,000 repetitions of practice and train the brain.

Hahahaha. “After the shot went off my training took over….I called my parents…I called 91Won…”
He threw his pistol to the ground in front of the Danger Close aggressor on the cardboard who isn’t injured yet. Anyway, that’s gonna hurt for a while.
Has he listed his Glock and Kimber and those two confusing holsters for sale yet?

Back
Top Bottom