• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you carry your EDC with the safety on or off?

Klif

Air Force Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
I recently switched my EDC from a Glock 30S (no safety) to a Ruger Security 9 (with safety). I carry IWB but have noticed that when I take the pistol out at the range that I have to look for the safety and it's not something I can manipulate quickly and effectively during a stressful situation. As such, when I carry to church as part of the security team, I take the safety off and reholster before going in. I never touch the trigger or penetrate the trigger guard unless I'm going to fire so probably will not have a ND.

What is your feeling on safeties in general and what do you do with your EDC. I can practice a lot and maybe get better at finding it in a hurry but never know what stress is going to cause. So, far now, on duty, safety is off.

Could they make that safety any smaller? It looks difficult to deal with single handed…

It has an integrated trigger safety (Glock style) so I’d carry with this safety off.

6FC533D4-3219-4F4B-ABCE-EA5D63F2BEA6.jpeg

I recently switched my EDC from a Glock 30S (no safety) to a Ruger Security 9 (with safety). I carry IWB but have noticed that when I take the pistol out at the range that I have to look for the safety and it's not something I can manipulate quickly and effectively during a stressful situation. As such, when I carry to church as part of the security team, I take the safety off and reholster before going in. I never touch the trigger or penetrate the trigger guard unless I'm going to fire so probably will not have a ND.

What is your feeling on safeties in general and what do you do with your EDC. I can practice a lot and maybe get better at finding it in a hurry but never know what stress is going to cause. So, far now, on duty, safety is off.
my edc does not have a safety. Ruger lc9S pro

Back
Top Bottom