• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you carry your EDC with the safety on or off?

I have a number of SA/DA hammer fired pistols with a safety and can imagine the desire to carry cocked/locked with the safety on…. though I never carry that way so the first round is fired DA…. I had a SAO Firestar that I sold because I wouldn’t carry cocked/locked with the safety on and will never buy another SAO firearm for that reason.

If you are disciplined to never put you finger on or near the "bang switch" until the need to discharge the weapon, I would completely ignore the fact the gun has a safety and only engage the safety if the gun is out of the holster, loaded and lying on the table where anyone else might have occasion to touch it…..

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was firing a Shield Plus with safety from the iwb. Safety was off. When I drew the Shield my thumb engaged the safety. Probably me but it's never happened before or since
I won't edc a pistol with a safety

Had some pistols with a manual safety but I got rid of them.

Now my preference is for DA/SA since I can carry without worrying about is a safety or off. First round is a longer trigger pull with more resistance which I like better.

Safety? My finger is my safety.

Attachments

• 72318F5A-F5F5-4400-9690-DB3B4338AC7E.jpeg
    72318F5A-F5F5-4400-9690-DB3B4338AC7E.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 24
Everybody needs to carry with the safety on, and wear safety glasses and ear pro at all times in case they need to shoot!

I forgot to add, if you don’t have a Georgia weapons permit get one and carry it at all times too! In case you run into an ODTer and he asks to see it!
You forgot the oh-so-important CCW Sash and Badge. Never leave home without them!

tumblr_nukg73EoCp1s2fmvmo1_500.jpg

I carry with my safety on I always have and always will that’s what works best for me. Everyone is different and that’s a good thing. Find what works for you and stick with it

Back
Top Bottom