• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open Carry vs. Concealed?

Is the bakery area of PUBLIX extra safe on this day,

or , if a bad guy came in night now,

is THIS where the massacre would start?

View attachment 6116951
If someone wanted to take this guy out quickly and efficiently, just come up behind him while he’s standing there oblivious, give him a quick rap in the ‘nads with a baton upswing.
Guar-on-tee he’d fold up like a cheap Walmart beach chair.

Dam, I know I'm going to get positive feedback on this comment.

I've been open carrying since 1977, seems most of you seem to think this is for showoff or not wise etc.
I'm dam sure aware these days of my surroundings, I keep my eyes open for anything or anyone that I think is a concern.
In many cases I have a open carry and I also have a backup concealed.

People do sometimes get a bit out of place when they see someone open carry. I personally think that it's a advantage to be able to react in case of a threat. Seems strange, you have a pistol for protection, but you have to lift your shirt, jacket or whatever up and out of the way to retrieve it for protection. As I was saying, I have my pistol, open and most of the time my arm over it to protect myself from some idiot trying to grab it. I know there was a situation in south ATL a few weeks ago where some kid grabbed this guys gun at the counter and took off and then shot the guy with his own gun.

Number 1: the guy that was open carrying was not being a responsible or responsive owner and failed to use basic techniques to not only protect himself but others in which I think is part of being a carrier of a firearm.

Number 2: I also believe that if more people open carried that you would have less crime, less smart mouth bull**** etc.
If you open carry I doubt, that the matter of some nut making you a target is because you an open target is a big issue. Really, if you're not aware enough of your surroundings to realize that there's a threat or a shooter I personally feel you might want to get some additional training.

Number 3: Some people may feel that it's intimidating to open carry. But, if you can carry yourself in a manner that an open carry situation makes the people around you feel safe, this is a benefit to society. How may times, I've been told that I'm glad you are carrying, I feel much safer knowing that you have a gun.

Number 4: I've tested this theory many times. I walk into a room, area group etc. I have my weapon concealed. I'm observed by many people and and many of them have what some would call and cocky or bullish attitude towards me.
The sec that I divulge a open carry, that attitude goes away real quick. You gain the respect of others in the area that actually understands the realism of carrying a weapon. Kind of like a bad ass behind the keyboard, but face to face **** changes. How many times have you see that??

Number 5: Guns are not allowed signs, then when **** happens they call someone with a gun??

Number 6: From the post I'm sure most of you are not going to like this post. I hope that you can understand that MHO is just that. I'll always open carry, I'll always be aware of my surroundings enough that I can protect myself and others if needed. If you conceal carry that's great.

Number 7: The police are trained to shoot without ever removing the gun from the holster, try that one concealed!

Number 8: My attention whore days are over, you can be a attention whore wearing a dam shirt.

Number 9: IMO, A lot of people that conceal do so, because they don't have the ability or balls to open carry and carry themselves in a professional manner while doing so. You have to be 100% responsible, you have to carry yourself in a manner that others realize that you are responsible. Know how observe e your surroundings at all times.

Number 10: I open carry all the time, 90% of the time you would never know it.

Y’all seen that video of a lady open carrying and someone grabs her gun and takes off with it?
Also another video of a guy snatching someone gun and dropping mag and clearing it and tells him his holster is garbage. I conceal carry and dress like a random guy so no one knows what I got. If you’re gonna open carry atleast get a quality holster. These universal holsters are crap

Y’all seen that video of a lady open carrying and someone grabs her gun and takes off with it?
Also another video of a guy snatching someone gun and dropping mag and clearing it and tells him his holster is garbage. I conceal carry and dress like a random guy so no one knows what I got. If you’re gonna open carry atleast get a quality holster. These universal holsters are crap

YOU LEAVE UNCLE MIKE ALONE!

1693470101513.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom