• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open Carry Q? Slinging an AR pistol...

I think you'd be legal with regards to carrying it. But besides being a dumba** , if a citizen called the cops, you could be ticketed for disturbing the peace. I've seen a couple if videos of instances of that happening in Texas. wone video had a couple guys all kitted up with armor, leg rigs, ar's go to a Starbuck's, get coffee then go outside and jusy sit and stir up a commotion just to see what they can get away with. All while videoing the encounter with police of course. I just got WAYYYY more important stuff to do. The idea behind open carry is a good thought but terribly stupid execution.

be like this hey mother****er what the **** do you think you’re doing
And that kind of approach, t might just get a like response, so it'd be who was faster and the fam would be without a dad, so, ya might rethink that approach/comment before ya try it on someone that may, just be legal in their choice of open carry, stupid they would be, but who would wind us as the aggressor and charged with the shooting.

If myself and my family!were entering the same Establishment as you at the same time there’s a great possibility that when I spoke to you if you didn’t respond correctly that you would get two in the chest one in the head ! And it would most likely be like this hey mother****er what the **** do you think you’re doing ! But that’s only me I’m sure no one else here will have that response! Love Y’all all
What is the correct response from someone who isn't breaking any laws if spoken to by you?

If myself and my family!were entering the same Establishment as you at the same time there’s a great possibility that when I spoke to you if you didn’t respond correctly that you would get two in the chest one in the head ! And it would most likely be like this hey mother****er what the **** do you think you’re doing ! But that’s only me I’m sure no one else here will have that response! Love Y’all all
Wow, seriously?!?! That’s called murder, statements like that make us ALL look like a buncha bloodthirsty killers. Smdh....:der:

Yeah, if someone was open carrying an AR Pistol, I would be seriously suspicious of you. Imagine how a non 2A person feel. Imagine how a cop if going to deal with you. He might over react and then you are dead, or at the very least, seriously hassled. Not worth it.

It doesn't help our cause to be stupid. If you want to open carry, carry a glock in a regular holster, wear kackis' and a button down shirt. People will think you are a cop and leave you alone or at least not freak out. Or dress as normally as possible and carry a "normal" looking gun.

If you are dressed like some crazed militia, or biker (no offense Biker13) or game of thrones superhero robo cop walking dead nutjob, people are going to make assumptions and act on those assumptions.

There was a story about a CC holder, open carrying, walking into a Walmart and some dude tackled him and wrestled him to the ground assuming the worst. I don't want to have to deal with some dickhead slamming me to the ground b/c he can see I am carrying. That's the exact reason I carry a gun is to NOT get assalted.

Dang, that's a bit extreme! If that's how you initially handle a situation like this it may be time to reevaluate some things... I think reactions like this give responsible gun owners/GWL carriers a bad name.

And that's how you go to jail for murder (assuming you are as good as you think you are and your pistol skills beat his rifle skills). There are much better ways to handle the completely legal situation.

iu

please tell me you don’t wear a badge

While not illegal, the yin to the yang of liberty is basic politeness, a good moral compass, responsibility and good judgement. Society wide liberty only works if we act appropriately, not because we have to, but because it's the right thing to do. I would consider that when contemplating open carry of an ar 15 in normal daily life. Not saying you shouldn't be able to if you feel its needed, but, if not needed, maybe it's best not to do things like that just because you can.

Back
Top Bottom