• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open Carry Q? Slinging an AR pistol...

...Imagine how a non 2A person feel. Imagine how a cop if going to deal with you. He might over react and then you are dead, or at the very least, seriously hassled. Not worth it.

It doesn't help our cause to be stupid. If you want to open carry, carry a glock in a regular holster, wear kackis' and a button down shirt. People will think you are a cop and leave you alone or at least not freak out. Or dress as normally as possible and carry a "normal" looking gun....

I agree with you, and I DO NOT OPEN CARRY, but it's sad that is has to be like you said but it is. It's a "free" country but has been regulated both legislatively and in the court of public opinion that we must hide our freedom and rights. If everyone was carrying then no one would care, but we are vilianized and have been beat down enough to where we don't want to make the cops mad even though we aren't breaking any laws OR make anyone feel uncomfortable.

Free state? More like police state of political correctness.

While not illegal, the yin to the yang of liberty is basic politeness, a good moral compass, responsibility and good judgement. Society wide liberty only works if we act appropriately, not because we have to, but because it's the right thing to do. I would consider that when contemplating open carry of an ar 15 in normal daily life. Not saying you shouldn't be able to if you feel its needed, but, if not needed, maybe it's best not to do things like that just because you can.
Yes what u said

Wow, seriously?!?! That’s called murder, statements like that make us ALL look like a buncha bloodthirsty killers. Smdh....:der:
That's a bit much, The man's saying with things the way they are with shooters in Wal-Mart and potentially anywhere that he would asses the AR open carriers intentions by asking "What the hell are you doing?" Everyone has said "It would be stupid" yet he speaks openly about defending his family against a potential psycho who's open carrying an AR, and seems to display disconcerting behavior and your talking about "Bloodthirsty Murderers" that ridiculous. Anyone that's reasonable will respond to "Hey asshole, what are you doing?" with "Just trying to promote my 2A rights" or "show solidarity for the cause bc the rally down the street" not act weird & combative like a potential shooter! I don't blame him at all. Your family and yourself only get one life, best to be cautious & aware with those lives!

When is open carry of a rifle acceptable and appropriate?

1) in the woods while hunting... we all open can carry there all the time
2) on a gun range...we all do that all the time
3) when the crap has hit the fan

Thats it.

Does the freedom of speech give me the legal right to say just about anything I want, whenever and wherever i want? Yes it does. But it may not be appropriate or acceptable

It's still considered a pistol. You would need a GWCL to carry open or concealed. Also wildbill stop trying to literally murder people for exercising their rights

Back
Top Bottom