No integrity

It happens man. Just had a guy commit to buy and made a time/place arrangement and just 3 hours before sends a text that says he has done more research and decided to upgrade his own current item rather than buy mine.....ok whatever....reposted it and it sold immediately.....it's the nature of online selling.

What's scary here is several people don't see anything wrong with committing and then backing out. Sad.

"Committment" is the key word. They probably think it's ok to cheat on their wives as well if they think they can find better or just have a change of heart or don't want to spend the money because they bought/married on impulse rather than thinking it through.

"Committment" is the key word. They probably think it's ok to cheat on their wives as well if they think they can find better or just have a change of heart or don't want to spend the money because they bought/married on impulse rather than thinking it through.

Sad that you equate a marriage with a gun that or ignorant

It happens man. Just had a guy commit to buy and made a time/place arrangement and just 3 hours before sends a text that says he has done more research and decided to upgrade his own current item rather than buy mine.....ok whatever....reposted it and it sold immediately.....it's the nature of online selling.

It doesn't have to be that way. We can easily take the knife in the back, sit back do nothing, not complain and be overrun by welchers and dishonest buyers/sellers. ODT can set the bar higher and not tolerate this behavior. An earlier poster mentioned ar15.com bans people for welching on ONE deal.

It doesn't have to be that way. We can easily take the knife in the back, sit back do nothing, not complain and be overrun by welchers and dishonest buyers/sellers. ODT can set the bar higher and not tolerate this behavior. An earlier poster mentioned ar15.com bans people for welching on ONE deal.

That's the problem....it's not a "knife in the back" ....you are taking it personally. It's a transaction between two strangers (for the most part) and I don't put trust in people I don't know.

If someone "welches" on me then they have failed to build trust and I won't make a deal with them in a future transaction....that's all.

And no I don't welch on deals.....

I just had my first experience trying to buy a gun yesterday here at ODT. PMed the guy within a couple of minutes after he posted an ad and asked a couple of questions. Said I would call right after work to arrange the place to meet, and he said OK. Then radio silence to my PMs about where to meet up. Get a PM the next day saying sorry gun sold. What a waste of my time.

Oh well, it is the internet, and if my time is that valuable I should just go to the store and buy new! :)

I disagree with everyone on here.....You have the right to back out of the deal at any time. Agreeing to meet is not the same as promising to buy. I think the guy has enormous integrity by letting you know so you don't waste your time.

I disagree with everyone on here.....You have the right to back out of the deal at any time. Agreeing to meet is not the same as promising to buy. I think the guy has enormous integrity by letting you know so you don't waste your time.

Says the guy with 75 percent. LOL

Back
Top Bottom