No integrity

I just re read the rules and it does say negative if one backs out of a deal or misrepresentation of an item, so backing out is a "legal" negative? Not sure how that rule works with a recent OS comment about not having to follow through with a purchase once you're at the meet.

The difference is that the backing out of a deal is proveable via the PMs. You can't prove anything that happens at a meet so there is no way they could enforce a negative if someone backs out. At least that is how I see it...

On a side note, if you welch on a deal on AR15.com, you are banned from the site once reviewed. May be harsh, but it does cut down on these types of issues.

OK, again the same question. If you already did you research and knew what you were committing to, why would you continue to search for the same item. I never commit unless I am 100% sure, and if a better deal comes along after I committed, then it's my own damn fault and I suck it up. As a Man of his word should is all.

How the hell is this a Man of his word deal? A fool is soon separated from his money......I typically can't make it to a deal until the weekend because of work and family life. If I say everything sounds good or that I would like to buy it ok. Two days later I am browsing for something else or I have something happen in my life, losing a job/friend needing money, I am obligated to still follow through with the deal? That makes no sense. I give notice that I can no longer do the deal and I get a negative? Am I now required to explain in depth my reason for backing out? Maybe, instead of jumping up screaming man of his word, the situation is not as it seems and you can take your man of his word **** and shove it. A real mans responsibilities are to his family and friends than anyone he meets online who he wants to do a deal with.

I have driven 50 miles only to be called on the way that the deal was off. Sure I was pissed but Im not going to be some whiny little ***** about it. **** happens move on.

images.jpg

How the hell is this a Man of his word deal? A fool is soon separated from his money......I typically can't make it to a deal until the weekend because of work and family life. If I say everything sounds good or that I would like to buy it ok. Two days later I am browsing for something else or I have something happen in my life, losing a job/friend needing money, I am obligated to still follow through with the deal? That makes no sense. I give notice that I can no longer do the deal and I get a negative? Am I now required to explain in depth my reason for backing out? Maybe, instead of jumping up screaming man of his word, the situation is not as it seems and you can take your man of his word **** and shove it. A real mans responsibilities are to his family and friends than anyone he meets online who he wants to do a deal with.

I have driven 50 miles only to be called on the way that the deal was off. Sure I was pissed but Im not going to be some whiny little ***** about it. **** happens move on.

An honest man honors his commitment to others as well and not just to specific groups, including family members. Do not agree to meet and purchase something you may not be able to afford. It is that simple.

I just re read the rules and it does say negative if one backs out of a deal or misrepresentation of an item, so backing out is a "legal" negative? Not sure how that rule works with a recent OS comment about not having to follow through with a purchase once you're at the meet.

Not going to speak for OS, but if the item is not as represented when you show for the meet, you are certainly not obligated to purchase it. For example, one guy dropped a new sig on the pavement as he was showing another member and damaged it. The member stated he would not pay $X now due to damage, but would still pay $Y. Seller walked away as did buyer and no negative on either side.

Back
Top Bottom