• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New traders

Look at a persons Feed Back, do all your conversations (PM's) on ODT for proof in case of someone standing you up. I listened to what the old timers would say about Deals and Trades, try to attend Meets n Greets to get to know people and get deals.
THIS 👆👆👆👆👆

It's been so bad as of recent so that I'm thinking of just pulling everything off ODT and taking a break.

Terrible trade offers. People low balling like crazy. Will you hold it for me for one to three weeks. Seven negative feedbacks when they want you to come to them. Trying to change the deal once the deal is already been agreed upon.

It's a mess out here. Not sure why.
EASY FIX: Just say no to them crappy messages or just ignore them. Don’t punish yourself because we are surrounded by all kinda of bad traders. This place here is just like a public market, from the old days, many people passing by all the time, and that you have to look into their eyes (figuratively) and just say “No, thanks!”

I'd say that 99% of my experiences with new folks is positive. You learn to weed out the flakes pretty quickly if you do a lot of trading.

One thing I've found is to completely avoid texting.

PMs are a good thing to have if you get negged for no reason and have to have the mods remove it. Voice is a good way to get a feel for a person. Texts don't do either.

The only time I use them is to say "I'm leaving for the meet now" or "I'm here, where are you parked?" or similar.

EASY FIX: Just say no to them crappy messages or just ignore them. Don’t punish yourself because we are surrounded by all kinda of bad traders. This place here is just like a public market, from the old days, many people passing by all the time, and that you have to look into their eyes (figuratively) and just say “No, thanks!”

Lol. I do. Normal reply is "No thanks". But they keep going. I am a serious buyer. Have cash now or next week. Can you hold it for me. It's crazy

I had a new trader zero feedback guy this morning. Lowballs an offer, I said no. Then I asked, even if I accepted your offer, you’re not buying anyway right? Reply was, well I need to test fire it first to make sure it’s good.

I just said thanks for my morning laugh. Probably wanted to fire off a round or two of 45acp in public or maybe I needed to pay for his range fees, rent him some eye and ear protection, and give a gas card plus Uber him there and back.

Back
Top Bottom