• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New traders

I had one yesterday. He was from Lawrenceville and had something posted I said I’d buy. I messaged him and said I’ll be at bass pro and can meet…

He replies just as I’m leaving “ I can meet there right now” I said ok, I’m on my way back. Gave my number and told him I’m sitting in the lot. Gave him 30 mins, no reply, marked gone.

I thanked him for wasting my time and not having the courtesy to respond. His excuses were

1)I didn’t specify which Bass Pro. There’s only one in Lawrenceville where he’s from (others in GA are in Macon and Savannah)

2) he said “he can meet there right now” which is different than “I will meet there right now”

Tried to leave me a negative for not being articulate enough.

Pathetic

How do you figure out which new traders to do business with , I've been ghosted a time or two lately, had a couple no shows , with lame excuses . How do we know who to trust and give a chance to ?

Just recently I was trying to buy something from a New Member 0 feedback I once had 0 feedback and somebody gave me a chance so we spoke back and forth and couldn't meet that day due to his work totally understandable but as soon as I tried to talk to him about a different day came the No Response I can see he has been back on the ODT and even posted something else during the period I have been waiting to hear back from him, I'm tired of the FB punk's getting on here and thinking I don't have to respond it pisses me off just reply it's that simple RESPOND if you don't want to sell it ok but you have someone with great feedback and ready to buy it and you don't have the respect to reply back is B's we need something it doesn't have to be bad feedback maybe something like the smiley face but a ghost so other traders will know he doesn't respond back.

How do you figure out which new traders to do business with , I've been ghosted a time or two lately, had a couple no shows , with lame excuses . How do we know who to trust and give a chance to ?
I'm not doing business with anyone with no or very little or bad feedback.

I had one yesterday. He was from Lawrenceville and had something posted I said I’d buy. I messaged him and said I’ll be at bass pro and can meet…

He replies just as I’m leaving “ I can meet there right now” I said ok, I’m on my way back. Gave my number and told him I’m sitting in the lot. Gave him 30 mins, no reply, marked gone.

I thanked him for wasting my time and not having the courtesy to respond. His excuses were

1)I didn’t specify which Bass Pro. There’s only one in Lawrenceville where he’s from (others in GA are in Macon and Savannah)

2) he said “he can meet there right now” which is different than “I will meet there right now”

Tried to leave me a negative for not being articulate enough.

Pathetic
these peckerheads should be outed by name on ODT in a post.

I will help out all of these members disappointed with purchasing from new members. Buy my stuff and you’ll be 100% satisfied with my punctuality and correspondence.

Just recently I was trying to buy something from a New Member 0 feedback I once had 0 feedback and somebody gave me a chance so we spoke back and forth and couldn't meet that day due to his work totally understandable but as soon as I tried to talk to him about a different day came the No Response I can see he has been back on the ODT and even posted something else during the period I have been waiting to hear back from him, I'm tired of the FB punk's getting on here and thinking I don't have to respond it pisses me off just reply it's that simple RESPOND if you don't want to sell it ok but you have someone with great feedback and ready to buy it and you don't have the respect to reply back is B's we need something it doesn't have to be bad feedback maybe something like the smiley face but a ghost so other traders will know he doesn't respond back.
Your. Bid. Wasn't. High. Enough.

I don't mind dealing with a newbie because everyone deserves at least a shot. Ive had a few first timers and they did good and I gave them their first feedback point. But I have had a few that didn't, and I have marked them as such.
If they screw it up, then I put them on my ignore list and move on.

I don't mind dealing with a newbie because everyone deserves at least a shot. Ive had a few first timers and they did good and I gave them their first feedback point. But I have had a few that didn't, and I have marked them as such.
If they screw it up, then I put them on my ignore list and move on.
I don't have a hard line about dealing with newbies, but I'm not driving any distance to close the deal.

I rely on the communications. Too busy to PM, too bad. No response, bizarre response, I'm moving on.
I think the basic message that sailors, new and old forget, is that no one here is selling any thing I "got" to have, What ever it is you have, I woke up this morning without it, and I will sleep well tonight if I still don't have it.

Back
Top Bottom