• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New traders

New traders, make em do all the driving until they are trusted.
As far as ghosting, that's always gonna be a thing.
I know guys that's been here since the beginning with perfect feedback that ghost constantly.
I guess they are just bored with their **** life and nothing else to do but waste time.
Several are famous for commenting "I'll take it" or even private message you with "I'll take it" then crickets.
I get pissed at Old Times that refuse any driving.

I'm not driving to a Newbie if he is giving something away.

I guess they are just bored with their **** life and nothing else to do but waste time.
Several are famous for commenting "I'll take it" or even private message you with "I'll take it" then crickets.

In my opinion posting "I'll take it" on the public post and then ghosting the seller should be grounds for negative feed back.

I know guys that's been here since the beginning with perfect feedback that ghost constantly.
not trying to hi jack post but am curious on the language/writing (Cyrillic?) in your quote line.

this. I have done several deals with new traders. just make them come to you. IF I lose 5 min driving time...so be it. talk to them on the phone. IF they pass the sniff test...make the trade.

I’ve had more problems with established members than new ones. Detailed meet ups with addresses, links for his GPS, everything. I even told him “white f350 by the conex boxes near the garden section at Walmart.

Well, Mr Longtime Member with “great” feedback says he can’t find me in the gun shop parking lot near his house and 40 more minutes away from me. So, he laughs about it and tries again to meet later. My turn to laugh.

The nice thing about ODT is we can sell to who we want to and not sell to who we don’t. I once thought long time member and good feedback meant something and usually it does. But I’d rather trade with a brand new guy with all 0’s before dealing with a d-bag like that guy.

Back
Top Bottom