• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New traders

I’ve had more problems with established members than new ones. Detailed meet ups with addresses, links for his GPS, everything. I even told him “white f350 by the conex boxes near the garden section at Walmart.

Well, Mr Longtime Member with “great” feedback says he can’t find me in the gun shop parking lot near his house and 40 more minutes away from me. So, he laughs about it and tries again to meet later. My turn to laugh.

The nice thing about ODT is we can sell to who we want to and not sell to who we don’t. I once thought long time member and good feedback meant something and usually it does. But I’d rather trade with a brand new guy with all 0’s before dealing with a d-bag like that guy.
wtf.

Yep, just about 2 weeks ago. I’m pretty easy going and cooperative. It doesn’t mean my time isn’t valuable.

Item was listed for $2500. His first message was “will you take $2100?” I said no. He says “ok, well I’ll take it anyway.” Went from pm to text and EXTREMELY detailed location and time was agreed on. Maybe he was just getting me back for not accepting his offer. 🤣

You might be able to gauge how a potential transaction might go based on the communication style of the "buyer."

Some folks are close to unhinged and I'd rather not deal with them so I bookmark one of their posts and tag it "No Fly."
Hey now my unhinged money spends just fine!!! 🤪😂🤪😂🤪😂

Fortunately I’ve dealt with some really great people on here.. Haven’t got ghosted at meet, but did get ghosted on the “I’ll Take It!” Had others interested, but held it waiting for my Ghost! Live and Learn.. I’m kind of a Newbie myself but with someone who only has just started, with maybe a couple of Positives, I try to gauge the PMs with the individual.. And then Roll the Dice! Lol

Had a newbie today reply in comments of a current f/s “I’m interested.” Joined 2 weeks ago & zero feedback. Two other replies in comments to other ads saying exact same. Nothing indicates follow through but I could be wrong. Got a pm also saying “I’m interested.” but that’s all, no offer, & no questions. OK, great but that little voice in the back of my mind is telling me “be suspicious “ or “tire kicker” & I’m wasting my time. For whatever reason I have the idea that it’s a kid, but again I could be wrong so I replied & reiterated a few thing that I stipulated in my ad. Won’t be surprised if no follow through. Also, this isn’t the first time of a “I’m interested” & that’s it.

Let me hepp you out here....An "I'm interested" with no other communication or PM can be translated to; "I'm a socially awkward person who doesn't understand anything about commerce, particularly electronic commerce. My mom used to buy my Hot Pockets for me because she knew which ones I didn't pitch a fit over when she brought them to my room. Now that I'm all grown up I have to try to figure things out for myself, especially if I can't Google a solution. So, my "I'm interested" post in your ad is my way of asking you to take control of the entire stream of communications in any potential transaction. The longer the better as my allowance builds slowly."

Let me hepp you out here....An "I'm interested" with no other communication or PM can be translated to; "I'm a socially awkward person who doesn't understand anything about commerce, particularly electronic commerce. My mom used to buy my Hot Pockets for me because she knew which ones I didn't pitch a fit over when she brought them to my room. Now that I'm all grown up I have to try to figure things out for myself, especially if I can't Google a solution. So, my "I'm interested" post in your ad is my way of asking you to take control of the entire stream of communications in any potential transaction. The longer the better as my allowance builds slowly."
That’s hilarious! Sadly, likely accurate but an awesome way of describing the sitchyashun.

It's been so bad as of recent so that I'm thinking of just pulling everything off ODT and taking a break.

Terrible trade offers. People low balling like crazy. Will you hold it for me for one to three weeks. Seven negative feedbacks when they want you to come to them. Trying to change the deal once the deal is already been agreed upon.

It's a mess out here. Not sure why.

It's been so bad as of recent so that I'm thinking of just pulling everything off ODT and taking a break.

Terrible trade offers. People low balling like crazy. Will you hold it for me for one to three weeks. Seven negative feedbacks when they want you to come to them. Trying to change the deal once the deal is already been agreed upon.

It's a mess out here. Not sure why.
Ab So Lute Lee and nothing ever changes

Back
Top Bottom