New project - 1970 Ford

Update.

Got her cleaned up. Soap and water so far. Washed windows, cleaned out air box, tidied up the engine bay a little. Lubed everything up that I could.

Had a great experience with Discount Tire. Ordered tires yesterday, arrived today before 11, and I had my tires before noon. Best price around town too. Only complaint was that they didn’t install new valve stems, but I’m sure they’ll take care of it - not a problem right now. Went with 235 General Grabbers, $560 installed for 4. Back brakes looked fine, cleaned em up and threw tires back on. Topped off brake fluid.

Went for first ride. Drove and shifted fine, temp stayed cool at first, and oil pressure was decent. Wanted to see her move before I really start digging into it. As soon as I got home, radiator started sizzling, temp started rising. Maybe the thermstat?

Also dropped that old camper shell thing. She’s purty now. Battery has been iffy, will leave her on the tender tonight, and see if she’s charged tomorrow. Will be digging into it the next few days. Parts will be on the way ASAP.

View attachment 4477124View attachment 4477128View attachment 4477129

do you want to sell the camper shell?

Removed seat and factory rubber floor liner this morning. Starting to unveal more rust, somewhat expected. Is there a “best” way to DIY repair the rust in floor/cab corners?

Understand a shop can do it, but looking to DIY most of this project, as well as keeping the cost down. I do have a Flux Core welder that I’m very comfortable with. Not really concerned with cosmetics, but want to keep moisture/bugs out, as well as trying to keep the rust somewhat under control. Maybe they sell complete floor pans/corners ready to go? Haven’t even googled it yet. Pics below.

Also, I’ve been eyeing a few radiators on Ebay. One brand has decent reviews, and is under $200. I want to do everything right, but keep in mind I’m doing this on a budget. I’ll attach a link to it below.

99943472-ED6C-4A01-988D-FCF8ADB755A4.jpeg
DF51E00C-3207-46B2-8A30-344D85EC3DA2.jpeg
6A159FEC-A59C-4F23-BD46-A50002FA2C5D.jpeg
98FAB37D-3174-4117-B15B-26E7674C9A81.jpeg
955AA195-3BE8-41F5-B51C-E04920FFC3D9.jpeg

Removed seat and factory rubber floor liner this morning. Starting to unveal more rust, somewhat expected. Is there a “best” way to DIY repair the rust in floor/cab corners?

Understand a shop can do it, but looking to DIY most of this project, as well as keeping the cost down. I do have a Flux Core welder that I’m very comfortable with. Not really concerned with cosmetics, but want to keep moisture/bugs out, as well as trying to keep the rust somewhat under control. Maybe they sell complete floor pans/corners ready to go? Haven’t even googled it yet. Pics below.

Also, I’ve been eyeing a few radiators on Ebay. One brand has decent reviews, and is under $200. I want to do everything right, but keep in mind I’m doing this on a budget. I’ll attach a link to it below.

View attachment 4483055View attachment 4483056View attachment 4483057View attachment 4483058View attachment 4483059
LMC has floor pans and cab corners.

If you have a mig welder and some welding skills that is all very fixable ! not bad at all for the year .Second best option is some rust kill and fiberglass.
If you’re like me , I’d use the rust kill chemicals and throw the rubber mat back in and drive it .

You’re gonna have mechanical issues to deal with once you start driving it .and will be spending money and time on those .
A little rust ain’t gonna hurt anything .

Back
Top Bottom