• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Last Will and Testament - Who gets your stuff

When I'm days away from drawing my last breath, I will sell all my guns to someone across state lines, maybe even a restricted person or person(s) as one last middle finger to the alphabet people. Can't be any worse than them giving guns to cartels.

I should probably set it up for a few people to get a few things, but would want the rest of the stuff sold off. Definitely something that I need to ponder more.

When we set ours up, the attorney said if there was someone we didn’t want to get anything, they should be mentioned in the will specifically as getting nothing. Otherwise they could use the “oh, he was old, and just forgot us” ploy.

Some times a will doesn’t matter. I’ve known folks who were at the funeral and estranged relatives broke into the home of the deceased and removed the most valuable items they had been “promised”.
Nothing brings out the worthless bastards like a death in the family.
A gentleman across the road from me years ago passed away suddenly. He lived alone, estranged from his family. There was a moving truck that showed up to his house just after and loaded it up. I was told it was his ex-wife by the local lookie-loos.

When I'm days away from drawing my last breath, I will sell all my guns to someone across state lines, maybe even a restricted person or person(s) as one last middle finger to the alphabet people. Can't be any worse than them giving guns to cartels.

I'll post 'em on here. It'll achieve almost the same result.

My father in law passed away last April, still in the middle of it fighting with my wife’s POS half brother. Please have a will and be specific! We’ve spent thousands already and aren’t really much closer to a solution 10 months later.

Also need a power of attorney and medical power of attorney, hopefully someone who won’t rob you blind or say “pull the plug” at first opportunity.
The medical power of attorney also works if you have made the decision to NOT be kept on life support if there is no chance of recovery and / or brain function, but you are drawing a retirement as long as you are alive.

I saw several cases of veterans, and one USPS retiree, whose "family" (mostly a hoochie-mama third wife) wanted them kept alive so that those retirement checks would keep coming in. This was in Army and government healthcare facilities where Medicare wasn't already grabbing the estate.

It was heart wrenching and sickening. So plan ahead.

I agree that few things can bring out the bad in family members as much as an estate settlement.

When we set ours up, the attorney said if there was someone we didn’t want to get anything, they should be mentioned in the will specifically as getting nothing. Otherwise they could use the “oh, he was old, and just forgot us” ploy.
I've seen were they left those members $1

Back
Top Bottom