• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Last Will and Testament - Who gets your stuff

Rule #1… make sure you have a will….
I second this wholeheartedly!! Watched families bicker and fight over every little thing to the point that close family once is now not speaking. Watched folks fight over flowers at a funeral. No joke.

You can do a will online fairly easy but Id recommend a lawyer so its ironclad. Just my opinion.

We really need to get our affairs in order. You can't take it with you, but you can't pizz it away after working so hard for it. My son gets my share of property, guns and junk, I'm sure he'll do whatever is right. If we can bribe my daughter and her Beau (by giving them the 52 acres across the road) and they'll build a house there instead of on their 14 acres 10 miles away my life would be complete. She's hard headed but she comes by it honestly.
Be happy you're kids can handle their own

I second this wholeheartedly!! Watched families bicker and fight over every little thing to the point that close family once is now not speaking. Watched folks fight over flowers at a funeral. No joke.

You can do a will online fairly easy but Id recommend a lawyer so its ironclad. Just my opinion.
You are right

My kids and my sisters kids. My two sons aren't into firearms for some reason except for on a dang video screen. They will get a couple apiece with a clause in the will that they cannot be sold outside the family. They will be there for them if they want to get into the sport. A couple of my sisters kids are shooters. They have carry permits and got to the range and whatnot. Good, God fearing, hard work ethic and just good people all the way around.

As so many of us age and are much, much closer to the end than the beginning, I am curious what everyone's plans are for the day we move on to that "happy hunting ground". Who will take hold of your treasured hunting and shooting gear and all such memories?

Personally, my son will lay claim to most of my firearms, reloading, supplies, trophies, etc, etc, for my daughter has no desire for anything. Even though he will have full rights and does some hunting, he is not a big hunter, collector nor shooter and has never reloaded since leaving home decades ago. Thus, after he picks a few items to keep, I fear most of my valued collection will be sold off.
Tell your son to pick the items he would want, then sell the rest and buy that “unicorn” you’ve always wanted 😜.

Back
Top Bottom