• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tie your ladders down in back of your truck and wear your seatbelts.

HERMET

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
56   0
Reaction score
Back in Dec my mobility van got totaled by some lady fumbling around in her purse rather than watching where she was going. After months of wrangling I finally settled with the insurance company just recently.
Today making a quick trip to the store I was wrecked again and my truck totaled.
This time these yahoo's where driving down the road and their ladder had come loose and was hanging at a 90° out of the side of the truck across my side of the road.
It was raining pretty good and by the time I saw it all I could do was yank the wheel to the right.
If I hadn't it would have hit my side of the windshield. As it was it still caught the side of the truck as I was going away from it. Once I hit the wet grass it was a bobsled ride until a giant utility pole brought me to an abrupt stop.
I've never given airbags much thought but they saved my butt today. As it is I'm bruised and battered but I'm still here.
I don't even get out that often so I don't know how you people who drive around the metro area survive on a daily basis.

Glad you ok man, did the guy with the ladder at least stop?
Yeah, they helped pull me out of the truck. I was knocked goofy and the truck was smoking pretty badly so they went ahead and got me out.
It could happen to anybody which is why you have to check and double check your load.

Pics or your full of ****. Glad you survived.
Description I made for the insurance company.
20240322_194335.jpg

Back
Top Bottom