• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Last Will and Testament - Who gets your stuff

Giving it all away as I go. What they don't want I'll sell and give them the money. Started already. I'm going to avoid as much of that damn inheritance tax as I can. If I can give enough to my kids and grandkids now I hope to die broke. Leave the government not another dime.
Are guns subject to inheritance tax? I dont think they are, but dont know for certain. The other thing to keep in mind is you can leave firearms to someone in another state in your will without doing a FFL transfer, assuming they are legally allowed to own and meet state laws.

No matter how much you may love your guns, leaving them to someone in your will if they don't really want them is a real pain in the azz for them.

Talk to them. If you can, give them the gun before you pass. Don't force them to take something they don't *really* want, or are taking just to make you happy.

1708538643999.png
everything goes with me

Rule #1… make sure you have a will….
I beg to differ. The will guarantees government involvement in your estate. No will, and a judge will determine the distribution of your estate.

Bypass all that with a TRUST. You also greatly expedite the timeframe involved in passing your estate to your beneficiaries

Back
Top Bottom