• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

interesting 9 vs 45 article

They sold me. I'm ditching my .45's and .40's for 9mm straight up. Never looking back. I don't even know why I bought them in the first place. Hell I may just go all .380 since Glock invented the .380 pistol and we have all these advances in modern carry ammo.

Now can we debate chocolate vs vanilla? Or maybe Redheads vs Blondes?

:thumb:

9mm
Chocolate
Redheads for fun, brunettes for relationships.

Honestly, if you are carrying a gun and you have tested it for reliability and know how to shoot it, regardless of caliber, good on you.

I have way more 45 acp than 9 MM's but in a gun fight it boils down to do you want a bigger projectile or more projectiles.
In any reasonable caliber I will take more projectiles in a true self defense situation.
you also need to figure that most people can handle the recoil and muzzle blast of the 9 MM better than a 45 acp, additionally if you move to a stacked magazine 45 acp then you are carrying a lot more weight at about a 1/2 ounce per 2 bullets.
the ideal round may be the 38 Super that has a more energy, not really any more recoil than the 9 MM , and has the slim lines of a 9 MM, even in a stacked magazine.
I myself don't really by into someone being shot with a modern 9 MM self defense round and it bouncing off or they saying ouch and continuing the fight.
If that does happen then just pop another cap into them, you got plenty with a 9 MM .

I do a lot of ballistic research to keep up with what's going on with bullet technology and to see what works and what doesn't. In a nut shell what I have learned is that all your premium hp bullets in the popular calibers of 9mm, .357sig, .40S&W and .45acp are just about equal in performance when it comes to penetration and wound channel. The difference in the calibers is barrier penetration. They all perform very differently against sheet rock, wood, glass and metal.

Which is why a great many ammunition companies now offer a DUTY round. that's designed to better penetrate barriers as mentioned.
many do not think about the DUTY round being a different design purpose than a self defense round, thinking well fi the police use it then I should, projectiles/power should be chosen for its intended purpose, not by what Barney is carrying locally.

What really surprised me was LAV and Bill Wilson going for the 9mm...I'm sure Jeff Cooper is spinning in his Grave right about now--LOL!....mikey357

i.imgur.com_GBd7ZEr.png

i prefer 9mm…. but with that being said, all these science dudes are like the 9mm expands to whatever diameter. last time i checked the .45's don't shrink on impact. soooo i reckon they have pretty darn good expansion too. I just prefer 9. i would prefer the law abiding citizen next to me carry something, hell anything. i don't care if its something i never heard of. just carry something and don't be a sheep. so when you are next to me when I'm getting robbed you can put some rounds down range too. we can talk about which one is better over beers when we are both still ALIVE lol

Back
Top Bottom