• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trade values vs sale values...

True, but what happens is someone will PM you and say hey I’ll straight trade your $400 Glock for my $200 Ruger wrangler. The think that’s a perfectly fair trade. Bumping your item $600 will hopefully keep those guys in check.
I simply tell them that their item is not worth their asking price and I would need $200 to boot.

Cool I have a custom stippled Taurus G2 that was professionally stippled by my neighbor's dog I would trade you even for your $400 item, that's why I do the trade higher I would take less for cash if I'm needing the money but if someone wants to offer a trade I would like something equal in value of mine.
How hard is it to just tell them you are not interested in their offer?

I simply tell them that their item is not worth their asking price and I would need $200 to boot.

I agree. I don’t bump up trade value but I’m super explicit in my values. If I’m selling something for $1000 and you have an item that’s $500, I’m still interested in the $500
Item but I would like $500 in cash. That’s probably the best method. Just be clear and concise.

I agree. I don’t bump up trade value but I’m super explicit in my values. If I’m selling something for $1000 and you have an item that’s $500, I’m still interested in the $500
Item but I would like $500 in cash. That’s probably the best method. Just be clear and concise.
Exactly. It seems like a lot of folks are just afraid to talk to people.

People are dumb?

I always put interested in trades. Sometimes people have something I want but didn’t know I wanted. Sometimes they offer something that is worth more than my cash asking price. Sometimes they offer goats and I decline. I don’t take it personally, but seems silly to me to demand different things.

Or, you were actually looking to trade but find something else where for cash, so you are willing to drop cash price to make it all work out.

Back
Top Bottom