• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trade values vs sale values...

bigdawg71a

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
26   0
Reaction score
So, I see this alot n I don't get it.
Someone lists a gun for sale at, let's say, a reasonable price. But then, they list the trade worth at a hundred, hundred fifty higher....
Can someone explain this to me please?

I think it is silly myself. If a gun is worth x amount of dollars it is worth the same regardless of whether trading for cash or other items of equal value. If I say my gun is worth $400 then I want that either $400 in Cash or $400 worth of trade items.

I think it is silly myself. If a gun is worth x amount of dollars it is worth the same regardless of whether trading for cash or other items of equal value. If I say my gun is worth $400 then I want that either $400 in Cash or $400 worth of trade items.

True, but what happens is someone will PM you and say hey I’ll straight trade your $400 Glock for my $200 Ruger wrangler. They think that’s a perfectly fair trade. Bumping your item $600 will hopefully keep those guys in check.

Cool I have a custom stippled Taurus G2 that was professionally stippled by my neighbor's dog I would trade you even for your $400 item, that's why I do the trade higher I would take less for cash if I'm needing the money but if someone wants to offer a trade I would like something equal in value of mine.

Back
Top Bottom