• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Have you ever had to pull before while at a red light?

i had to draw down at a red light last week. It was near the Tech Campus... I was standing on the corner needing a ride to the liquor store and this complete stranger wouldnt let me get in his car..

What's this society coming to when armed strangers can't even get a quick ride to the package store for some booze.

I have never personally. I was thinking the other day that I would suppose that random carjacking should be down due to automatic locks. Of course my vehicles being a Jeep and a motorcycle. I prefer to always leave get a way room. While I would not hesitate to discourage someone I would prefer to not to have to. I would much rather deter them with a vehicle than a gun. Of course this is far different in Americus than say Atlanta. If Im at a redlight and someone jumps in my jeep chances are there is someone I know at the redlight and its about to get ugly.

I was at the gas station across from the Varsity a little less than a year ago late at night...needed gas leaving the gf's.

Saw sketch subjects watching the local LEO's at the same gas station. I felt pretty good pulling in...but at the same time the LEO's drove off.

I got out and pumped away, all while watching the subjects coming my way. Sadly no gun on me that night.

It's amazing how scared sh**less you make a person when you charge them with a fixed blade Izula. I got my gas no problem that night.

Buddy never should've come at me, but I was feeling very under armed that night. I guess pulling a knife and walking towards a subject with a glazed over look on your face will cover most crackhead encounters.

I was at the gas station across from the Varsity a little less than a year ago late at night...needed gas leaving the gf's.

Saw sketch subjects watching the local LEO's at the same gas station. I felt pretty good pulling in...but at the same time the LEO's drove off.

I got out and pumped away, all while watching the subjects coming my way. Sadly no gun on me that night.

It's amazing how scared sh**less you make a person when you charge them with a fixed blade Izula. I got my gas no problem that night.

Buddy never should've come at me, but I was feeling very under armed that night. I guess pulling a knife and walking towards a subject with a glazed over look on your face will cover most crackhead encounters.
You got gas on Spring Street at night without a gun?

I think you, my friend, are the crackhead in that situation! ;)

lol thats a rough bp thats across from that varsity........ anyways, NOT having a gun to pull at a redlight is what made me buy my first pistol. Was at a redlight near the high museum trying to turn right. I was first in line at the light and had pulled alittle into the crosswalk(no one in it or near it at the time) to turn right. well i immediately saw the signs saying no right turn on red and saw red light cameras. i couldnt back out of the crosswalk (which was not completely blocked by me) because i had someone on my @$$ and had no room. this homeless looking guy comes up about a minute later and starts cussing at me and telling me what a piece of crap i was and such. being about the first real experience i had in atlanta, i decided id yell back....actually he said something that finally made me snap and me telling him to "shut his MF mouth". I will say the cursing at me lasted about 3 minutes(it was a long red light lol). well he pulls up his shirt and grabs the grip of a revolver. i immediately punch it and at the time they were working on the road and had gravel all over it. i feel bad for all the BMW's and other nice cars around me but i peppered him with gravel and took off. Found 2 cops on the side of the road about 10 seconds later at which point they told me it would be useless to even drive 10 seconds down the road to find him. after that i bought a pistol and started training with it. thats my only red light story though.

LP I guess there are two ways to look at this. I know there are plenty of times that since I have a gun on my I handle myself in a more responsible manner. I think the fact that you returned screams only escalated the situation and had you had a gun it would have probably gotten worse. That said Ive never been anywhere in Atlanta I felt safe without a gun I cant blame you at all.

My wife had a scary looking guy detour from the crosswalk and approach her drivers side door at the corner of Commerce Drive and Clairmont Rd in Decatur. Needless to say he got a close up look at the buisness end of a Stainless .38 snub revolver. Seems he was in a big hurry to get on up the road after that.
I was on my way home from work years ago when I lived in Clarkston and had 6 or 7 guys line up across the road at Debelle St. and North Indian Creek near some apartments. My AC wasn't working and I had the windows down. I stopped and the guy on my left shouted "Give me that truck" Having been a victim of violent crime before I was angry. I pulled my .45 from between the seat and the console pointed it at his face and responded "I'll give you some of this you son of a *****." It seems that that made quite an impression on he and his buddies and they made a wise business decision to hastily leave the area. That was a route I traveled nearly every day but I never saw em again.
I hope I never have to defend myself by firing my weapon but I will do my best to never be a helpless victim again.

Back
Top Bottom