• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Have you ever had to pull before while at a red light?

Looking back on my early years living in Baltimore with no gun, living in NJ and not being able to carry I wonder what a lot of you guys would do if you didn't have a gun or a carry permit. I've read 7 pages of post where important things like situational awareness have taken a back seat to being armed. Pulling a gun out and putting it on the dash because some punks started screaming at you? Really? Doing stupid stuff like showing your gun off is the reason why the sheeple and antis want stricter gun laws. My gun is not instant muscles that all of a sudden makes me more of a badass, like as to say, I don't like what you're doing so I'm going to let you know I'm packing. I agree with the cases were people actually felt threatened, other weapons or more than 1 attacker/bad gun was involved but a few post on here are pretty dumb. JMO.

Well lazarus while I respect your view, My wife and I are both handicapped so there's not much chance I going to be beating anybody's butt. But I am not going to be a victim, If a show of force will diffuse a dangerous situation then so be it.

Last edited:
Well lazarus while I respect your view, My wife and I are both handicapped so there's not much chance I going to be beating anybody's butt. But I am not going to be a victim, If a show of force will diffuse a dangerous situation then so be it.

Listen I have been the victim and while I've never had to go to the hospital for anything I know what its like to be a victim. I guess my question is did you feel threatened or did you just not want to get to a point of feeling threatened? Do you think that if those guys called the police, lied and told them that you pointed your gun at them if it was worth the ensuing hassle? Personally I don't think some kids cursing at me from their car is a dangerous situation.

If they where just yelling and raising cain it wouldn't have been a big deal but when they started yelling they were gonna kick my ass i took that as a threat. If i could have driven off i would have but there was nowhere to go so I acted to let them know that I was armed. I didn't threaten them or engage with them verbally. I think they picked me because of my handicapped tag. Whether they were serious are not I have no way of knowing but I wasn't taking any chances. We live in a dangerous place in a dangerous time.

alot of these stories yall didn't even have the right to pull a gun on someone. You can't pull a gun on someone bc someone walked around a corner and scared you or bc they were making fun of you while u were sitting in ur car. then you got a bunch of ppl talking about I wish and pray that someone would try me. YEAH RIGHT. Why would you wish and pray that u might kill someone? or wrongly kill them and go to jail, or not be able to prove that your point in court. In my opinion... pulling your firearm should be the last resort.

lol thats a rough bp thats across from that varsity........ anyways, NOT having a gun to pull at a redlight is what made me buy my first pistol. Was at a redlight near the high museum trying to turn right. I was first in line at the light and had pulled alittle into the crosswalk(no one in it or near it at the time) to turn right. well i immediately saw the signs saying no right turn on red and saw red light cameras. i couldnt back out of the crosswalk (which was not completely blocked by me) because i had someone on my @$$ and had no room. this homeless looking guy comes up about a minute later and starts cussing at me and telling me what a piece of crap i was and such. being about the first real experience i had in atlanta, i decided id yell back....actually he said something that finally made me snap and me telling him to "shut his MF mouth". I will say the cursing at me lasted about 3 minutes(it was a long red light lol). well he pulls up his shirt and grabs the grip of a revolver. i immediately punch it and at the time they were working on the road and had gravel all over it. i feel bad for all the BMW's and other nice cars around me but i peppered him with gravel and took off. Found 2 cops on the side of the road about 10 seconds later at which point they told me it would be useless to even drive 10 seconds down the road to find him. after that i bought a pistol and started training with it. thats my only red light story though.

That gas station doesnt seem that bad at all these days. I walk there a few times and there is always a couple officers sitting outside and security inside. But FYI you better be careful flashing any guns around that station though. The buildings across the highway are all dorms (I live there) which means im pretty sure a gun outside of you car at the gas station would be considered on a felony. I may be wrong but it is less than a block from parts of campus (the new dining hall is the building directly across the highway to the gas station)

But ya, I cant wait to see if this carry on campus bill passes. It gets sketchy out there sometimes. I was walking back from the pizza place right next to the varsity and just seeing a couple guys chilling on the sidewalk is scary.

That gas station doesnt seem that bad at all these days. I walk there a few times and there is always a couple officers sitting outside and security inside. But FYI you better be careful flashing any guns around that station though. The buildings across the highway are all dorms (I live there) which means im pretty sure a gun outside of you car at the gas station would be considered on a felony. I may be wrong but it is less than a block from parts of campus (the new dining hall is the building directly across the highway to the gas station)

But ya, I cant wait to see if this carry on campus bill passes. It gets sketchy out there sometimes. I was walking back from the pizza place right next to the varsity and just seeing a couple guys chilling on the sidewalk is scary.

The Chevron a couple of blocks back from the Varsity on the corner of..... 10th, up the hill from the Cheetah and Primal is a lot rougher than that BP is now. I worked downtown for a lot of years. Never had to pull. Came close to needing it a couple of times, but never did.

alot of these stories yall didn't even have the right to pull a gun on someone. You can't pull a gun on someone bc someone walked around a corner and scared you or bc they were making fun of you while u were sitting in ur car. then you got a bunch of ppl talking about I wish and pray that someone would try me. YEAH RIGHT. Why would you wish and pray that u might kill someone? or wrongly kill them and go to jail, or not be able to prove that your point in court. In my opinion... pulling your firearm should be the last resort.
6:am, pitch black, blackman screaming at your window... hold on to your Brady bill pillow biting and don't ready your gun. Let pulling your gun be done only when their is one brandished at you. Shooting is a last resort, brandishing and readying my firearm is an act that gives me the edge over a possible threat before they have one on me. I hope to God I DONT have to use mine in defense, but I will not hesitate to pull it and have the threat staring at a 9mm seated in the barrel, if he realizes he better go on his way then he saved his own life. If he continues his attack, he is one more body in the ground. I have a temper, but I am not a violent man, but when you threaten to do harm my 3 month old son, 6 year old daughter Ans my fiance, I will kill you and who ever is helping you. If you just want my car, wait til I'm parked and away from it, if you want my TV, come get it when I'm.gone, but if you want my family, you're gonna have to get through God and gunfire.

Back
Top Bottom