• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get Home Bag inventory

anyone thought about a short AR pistol. I'm talking about a 7" barrel. I have one set up with set screws to hold the buffer retainer pin and the rear take down pin in place so I can keep the buffer tube off for space. A quick screw on of the buffer tube and I'm in business.

The tennis shoes are a mistake. You need water proof hiking boots. Even in warm weather, if your feet get wet you will develop bad blisters. In cold weather wet feet are going to stop you in your tracks. You should also add several Energy and protein bars. You will be burning a lot of calories while traveling and will need to eat a lot of concentrated calories.

Keeping the pack light is a good idea, but not having what you need is not. Load whatever you may need into you car and then tailor the pack load as needed to the circumstances and abandon the rest. I'm also a strong believer in having the needed firepower to keep what you have. Well armed means that your weapons will be most effective as a deterrent and will reduce the likelihood that you would need to use them. An AR in plain view and a good handgun in a drop leg holster send the right message. "Don't %@*& with me, it's not worth it."

19Kilo
anyone thought about a short AR pistol. I'm talking about a 7" barrel. I have one set up with set screws to hold the buffer retainer pin and the rear take down pin in place so I can keep the buffer tube off for space. A quick screw on of the buffer tube and I'm in business.

I can see where that might seem attractive but, you're going to lose all the advantages the caliber has to offer by that choice of weapon, ie. velocity, accuracy, kinetic energy etc. In my mind, I'd rather have a good dependable pistol (actually a revolver in my case) for defense, and perhaps a lightweight carbine for food, long range shots, and to be visible.

Just more food for thought :)

Wheeler

Latest inventory for this bag, its down to Summer weight and I have added/changed a few things.

Sleep-
1- GI Poncho
1- Hammock
1- Light blanket
2- Web straps/hooks – 15’
4- Sliding paracord tie downs – 1/8”x 15’
4- Aluminum stakes

Eat-
1- 6L hydration bag
3- Arctic MRE meals, stripped
4- Energy bars
1- Wide canteen cup
1- Pocket stove
4- Esbit fuel bars
3- Tea bags
1- Spork
1- Cup

Clothes-
1- Running shoes (worn)
1- SS t-shirt (worn)
1- Pants (worn)
1- Undies (worn)
1- Socks (worn)
1- Undies
1- Socks
1- Thermal (lower)
1- LS t-shirt
1- Gloves, leather
1 Glove inserts, synthetic
1- Bandanna
1- Sunglasses

Survival-
1- Large knife
1- Waterproof bag
1- Pocket lighter
1- Waterproof match set
1- Trioxane bars
2- Chem lights
10- Water tabs
1- Compass
1- Metro area topographic map (north Chattahoochee river map)
1- First Aid Kit, stripped
1- Trauma pack

Misc-
2- Magazines, loaded (.45ACP)
1- Whisp teeth cleaners
1- Antibacterial wipes
1- TP
1- Bandanna, Red
1- Small shammy

Damn....How far away do you guys work from home? I could walk home in under 3 hours max if need be....

Haha yeah I work really close to home, but wanted to plan for the worst just in case. Being out of town (even as far as 50 or so miles) would/could be game over if you had to walk home with no food/water/shelter.

I like your list, I would add duct tape, eVen if you just wrapped a few feet around your cup and spork, some paracord. A flashlight with some extra batteries is a good thing. My get home bad is in an old jansport school backpack that I reinforced the straps and seems to hold the weight, I want to look as inconspicuous and harmless as possible to other people.

Back
Top Bottom