• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get Home Bag inventory

X3

It's attitude, mindset, preparation and the will to live. Any dumbass can run a couple miles and do a few pushups. Some of the toughest guys I've known looked like they could lose a few pounds. Gung ho will get you greased.

Quick, drop that gun or I'm gonna spray you...........UHH SIR

Last edited:
Seems to me that some of these posts tend to lean more toward a BOB, rather than get home. Unless you are always 100 miles from home, I don't see the need for 5 days worth of stuff. Keep it lean, get home quick.

^^^^This^^^^my GHB is minimalist and modular. It becomes part of my BOB.

Yes I can run several miles, do one handed pushups, and one handed pullups while smoking a cigarette and drinking a coca cola. The key is can you still think and act on your feet after extreme physical and/or mental stress......the fact that I am still here after 47 years tells me I can!!!!

X3

It's attitude, mindset, preparation and the will to live. Any dumbass can run a couple miles and do a few pushups. Some of the toughest guys I've known looked like they could lose a few pounds. Gung ho will get you greased.

Quick, drop that gun or I'm gonna spray you...........UHH SIR
Part of preparation is physical fitness. Why do you think it is stressed from day one in our armed services? Do you want a bunch of pudgy war fighters out there
defending your liberty?

So what if you find yourself in a non-lethal situation and you want to subdue the aggressor and get away quietly and quickly, maybe non-lethal weapons would be good to have. If you engage in a fight, hand to hand or gun, you risk injury that could prevent accomplishing your mission defined as "get back home".

Good debate, at least people are thinking now.

^^^^This^^^^my GHB is minimalist and modular. It becomes part of my BOB.

Yes I can run several miles, do one handed pushups, and one handed pullups while smoking a cigarette and drinking a coca cola. The key is can you still think and act on your feet after extreme physical and/or mental stress......the fact that I am still here after 47 years tells me I can!!!!

Now your talking...

What works for one does not work for all. We each have our own ideas about what we need......these ideas should be based on an honest assessment of our abilities and resources. What is minimal to me might be excessive to others or vice versa. Oh hell time to get off my soapbox.........just go with whatever works for you!!!!

Does everybody realize that this guy just wanted some advice on his packing list? You guys are talking about PT scores and what kind of guy you would take in your squad. Help the guy out, or start a new post to brag about your military knowledge. This dude just wants to make it home, not ambush the Mongolian Hoarde!

Does everybody realize that this guy just wanted some advice on his packing list? You guys are talking about PT scores and what kind of guy you would take in your squad. Help the guy out, or start a new post to brag about your military knowledge. This dude just wants to make it home, not ambush the Mongolian Hoarde!

This is what always happens with these BOB threads. It'll start out fine, and then someone on here will ask if someone is in shape enough to carry their gear, then an argument will ensue. Before you know it, it's veered off course. The part that irritates me is that its usually a fellow army guy who wants to come in and talk crap about how far they can ruck and how fast. Just look at DoTells first post. These guys weren't trying to brag, they were just making the point to him that its not just about your pt score

This is what always happens with these BOB threads. It'll start out fine, and then someone on here will ask if someone is in shape enough to carry their gear, then an argument will ensue. Before you know it, it's veered off course. The part that irritates me is that its usually a fellow army guy who wants to come in and talk crap about how far they can ruck and how fast. Just look at DoTells first post. These guys weren't trying to brag, they were just making the point to him that its not just about your pt score

HUA! My apologies to the participants of this thread if I offended anyone!

Back
Top Bottom