• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dad Wants to Leave You His Gun

Saw greed in action when the first wife's grandparents passed. Long story short the oldest sibling, FIL, was the executor of the estate. He got tired of the bickering and stealing, changed the locks, sold everything and split the proceeds evenly.
One of the "fairest" methods I've heard of was the executor gave all the immediate family members "Monopoly Money" and held an auction. You bid on what you wanted and you'd spend whatever to get that item.

Seriously if you want your kids to have your guns give them to them while you're still alive.
After you're dead things don't always go as planned and greed and family dynamics can interfere with all your intentions.
Yep, death always gathers the vultures. Both in the wild and in human life.
My long time experience, the relatives that always ignored the deceased are the first ones crying over the casket and trying to lay claim to prized heirlooms.
As cold and harsh as it seems, a smart executor would have the locks on deceased’s property changed upon their death (or better, upon their being placed in a long term care facility).
I have seen estranged, worthless relatives come in and loot the home while others are making funeral arrangements. (“uncle Bob promised me his…”)

Who cares. Technically it's illegal to drive over the speed limit, but try driving the speed limit and you'll get ran the **** over.
Laws were meant to be broken.

This…snitches get stitches. If my dad leaves me guns it’s none of the governments f***king business.

Attachments

• Boating Accident.jpeg
    Boating Accident.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom