• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Checking interest of Long Range Shooting instruction

Interested in Such a Course?

• Yes

Votes: 80 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 5.9%

• Total voters
Will this be a 1day event or multi day event ?

Hey willr1 how have you been?
I'm very interested in this as I just purchased a Mossberg MVP In 556 with 1/9 twist and reading people shooting 650 plus yards easily.
As I have never shot long range in a 556 platform, I would love to learn the ability to do so without fail.
I'm sure there are a few Coyotes out there that need me to know this. :rolleyes:

View attachment 228644View attachment 228645

Hey willr1 how have you been?
I'm very interested in this as I just purchased a Mossberg MVP In 556 with 1/9 twist and reading people shooting 650 plus yards easily.
As I have never shot long range in a 556 platform, I would love to learn the ability to do so without fail.
I'm sure there are a few Coyotes out there that need me to know this. :rolleyes:

View attachment 228644View attachment 228645

Nice rifle man! You will have NO problem firing that system out to 700-800 meters given the right loads.

I am not certain yet as to whether or not this will be a 1 or multi-day event. My desire is to have it be more than one day so that we can adequately cover all aspects. If that proofs to be an impossibility for people I'll tailor the plan until time is more fitting.

I'm down for a 2 day event, as long as I dont have drill that weekend. I'd also like to take out my PSL and see what she will do. I have 100 rounds of AMU 77 grain 5.56 for guys to use... I dont have a long range AR at the moment.

Nice rifle man! You will have NO problem firing that system out to 700-800 meters given the right loads.

I am not certain yet as to whether or not this will be a 1 or multi-day event. My desire is to have it be more than one day so that we can adequately cover all aspects. If that proofs to be an impossibility for people I'll tailor the plan until time is more fitting.

I'd be happy with a 2 day event.

You have a PM BTW.

I'm ok with a two day event,like a weekend maybe .
hell if its too far away to drive back and forth I would just get a room close by.

Well I'll talk to all of you and take a poll when it comes time to decide how many days we'll devote to this. Currently I am still working on putting material together. As often happens, I left my desire to explain every detail get the better of me and it is causing me to slowly progress. Either way I will have something, maybe not the final product, out to you guys tomorrow.

ALSO, I am in need of some intellectual assistance. If you have a firm understanding or better of ballistics and an even better mind for mathematics please shoot me a PM and I'll explain what I'm trying to do.

Hey Shadow, thought you dipped out to FL, glad to have you back up here

Good deal mouzzer, I would be interested also, we used to offer multi day course on long distance and it fizzled as everyone wanted a sub moa in 8hrs lol. Let me know where/when etc and if you need help, I could ask one of my instructors to assist as a RSO and would be nice to be the "student" for once lol

Back
Top Bottom