• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Checking interest of Long Range Shooting instruction

Interested in Such a Course?

• Yes

Votes: 80 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 5.9%

• Total voters
Subscribed,and Thank you for your service! Think it'll fit into a 1-day course,or weekend? Also...Can we pay cash,at least for the cost of materials to you? Sounds like a lot to cover...maybe meet one weekend,go over basics + materials,then have a follow up weekend for the hands-on/shooting eval.? Just thoughts,I'm sure you have a method/format that you follow already. Sleepr71.

I have no intention of charging anyone anything. I have a good bit of training materials on hand so I should have no out of pocket expenses

As far as anyone who's concerned with acquiring a rifle, You can get a nice Remington 700 with Leuopold Mark 3 or 4 and you'll be good to go. While Sub-MOA guns are fun they are far from a necessity for learning.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds... fun.

I'll be nice.... "Sir" :-P

What's your opinion on the Millet TRS? I know it's not a professional/combat grade, but is it good enough for a precision plinker? I have one in my ar10 carbine and gave been thinking about trading the rifle for a 700 or comparable bolt gun.

What's your opinion on the Millet TRS? I know it's not a professional/combat grade, but is it good enough for a precision plinker? I have one in my ar10 carbine and gave been thinking about trading the rifle for a 700 or comparable bolt gun.

I've seen the Millett TRS before and it appears to be made with quality in mind. I have not had the opportunity to utilize one yet though. My suggestion on scopes is always the same to everyone, suck it up and invest the money. You truly get what you pay for and buying a bunch of mid-level scopes will add up to the good one you should have bought initially. In a perfect world I would have everyone using Schmidt and Bender glass however a great reality driven optic would be the Leupold Mark 4. I am a huge fan of their TMR reticule and certainly recommend them.

Always up to learn and shoot... Got a rig ready and waiting
(savage model 1fcp in a McMillan stock vortex viper Pst scope)

Last edited:
Ready to go. Need a good heads up to make sure I'm off work. Will be using a Rem 700.

They'll definitely be plenty of heads up I can assure everyone of that.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm interested.

I'm looking for just basic rifle instruction. I'll buy ammo if someone had a gun to loan.

Ill see what I can track down for your Bobo

Well considering the response I've gotten thus far I've decided to push ahead with this and give it a shot. I am going to start forming a training schedule and lock down locations and then I will put out dates and times with plenty of notice. Also anyone who would like the information before hand can PM me and I'll send you all the digital material we'll be using.

Back
Top Bottom