• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bullet casters

Never ever put a big pot of lead to melt if pot had water in it. It may look dry but you are risking death. Steam explosion is more powerful than you can ever imagine

I had one drop of sweat fall off my forehead into the 12 quart cast iron pot I was using before pouring into the muffin pan.
You would have thought someone threw a firecracker in it!
One drop of sweat, one drop, I promise, it was very enlightening! :becky:

Me too. It was taking too long so I got a big steel pot, a big gas turkey fryer burner and can clean 50-60 pounds in a batch. Fumes are bad of course, all done outside with a large fan blowing the fumes away from me.

Yep, I started on a camp stove and ended up with the big propane turkey fryer burner and a 12 quart dutch oven.
You can do a whole bunch in no time....

I had one drop of sweat fall off my forehead into the 12 quart cast iron pot I was using before pouring into the muffin pan.
Ahh yes the tinsel fairy made a visit.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Never ever put a big pot of lead to melt if pot had water in it. It may look dry but you are risking death. Steam explosion is more powerful than you can ever imagine
The water will evaporate as the pot heats up. It will be long gone before the lead starts melting.

Same thing goes with cooking oil. You drop water in a pot of hot grease, it will pop and make all kinds of noise. The water vaporizes quickly and causes the same thing. Not as violent as lead because it isn't quite as hot. I wash my fry daddy all the time, will still have water in it when I add oil. When the pots heats up, the water evaporates first and is long gone before it is hot enough to cause a violent evaporation.

Rosewood

I have been blessed. I read all the stories of the tensile fairy and have been quite cautious. She hasn't visited me....yet.

I sweat a lot and am always careful to keep my head back from the pot so I don't drop any in the pot.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom