• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Casting bullets in north ATL

SpeedyR

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
123   0
Reaction score
Over the past few years I've been collecting stuff to get into casting. Lead (ingots as well as wheel weights and some sheets), a few molds, cast iron pot for smelting, outdoor burner, swaging stuff (Lyman 4500 and dies), powder coating powder, spare toaster oven, Cabine Lead Hardness tester, lead thermometer, Lyman casting manual, etc.

BUT as with many things, I prefer and assume it's much easier to watch someone through the process and learn tips and tricks from them (not a big YouTube person, but I guess I could if there's not a local option). That being said, I'd love to come and help anyone around the north side of Atlanta that might be spending a couple of hours casting. Either smelting lead into ingots, or actual casting bullets. Or powder coating. Or all of it! I would be glad to bring some extra lead along, or some molds, or just a helping hand.

Teach me Yoda, I want to learn. FYI I've been reloading for 35+ years, but haven't cast anything, but with the purchase of a 45-70 (and finally getting around to 300 blackout), the time is now.

If it helps, I have NOE 247gr 300bo mold, custom Lee 6.8spc 110gr molds, 44 mag 240/300gr molds, Lee Buckshot mold, 45-70 Lyman 480gr mold, 30 carbine and 5.56 molds.

If anyone has an RCBS 35 rem 200gr RN mold they want to get rid of, or a 348win 200gr mold, or a 32-20 110-115gr RN mold, or a 218 Bee/22 Hornet mold, I'm all ears!

Back
Top Bottom