• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bullet casters

Cool... I just snagged one too.

The just got the Lee 2 cavity .358 RF mold that was in stock as the 6 cavity I got on back order a couple months back still hasn’t shipped and the estimated ship date of 2/28 has come and gone. Worst case is it never comes and I’ll at least get to play with a new mold and cast slower w/only a 2 cavity for a bit. Best case... the 6 cavity is right behind it and I’ll have a spare 2 cavity stuck away some place to pass along. I’ve been wanting to try out that bullet for awhile.

Got a Saeco #645 mold a couple of weeks ago for my 45-70 sharps rifle. It seems to like them so far. A little tweeking on the powder compression and I think I'll get it. 20-1 alloy @ 700 drops them at 489-90 and .459. I use a PID controller on my 20lb pot and it holds the melt within 10deg so I get a very good & consistent drop.

P3020001.JPG

Cool... I just snagged one too.

The just got the Lee 2 cavity .358 RF mold that was in stock as the 6 cavity I got on back order a couple months back still hasn’t shipped and the estimated ship date of 2/28 has come and gone. Worst case is it never comes and I’ll at least get to play with a new mold and cast slower w/only a 2 cavity for a bit. Best case... the 6 cavity is right behind it and I’ll have a spare 2 cavity stuck away some place to pass along. I’ve been wanting to try out that bullet for awhile.
Both the 125gr and 158gr version of this mold are great. I have cast/shot a bunch of them

I’m looking forward to melting, casting, powder coating, sizing, loading, and shooting my own stuff!

So long Hornady bwahahaha
Once you invest in a pot, molds, lead, lube & a sizer it takes a while to appreciate cast bullets but it is nice to know you will always have bullets. Digital caliper too. But I'm looking forward to getting a deer with my cast 30-06 and a reduced load of 9 grains of Unique powder

Back
Top Bottom