• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bullet casters

The water will evaporate as the pot heats up. It will be long gone before the lead starts melting.
Sir, that's what I thought too. But it didn't. It was trapped under the lead and blew 45 pounds of lead only God knows how high. But when it landed it did miss me. Not to mention the destruction the steam explosion caused

Sir, that's what I thought too. But it didn't. It was trapped under the lead and blew 45 pounds of lead only God knows how high. But when it landed it did miss me. Not to mention the destruction the steam explosion caused

So you put the lead in the pot and before it melted, the water evaporated and blew the lead out of the pot?

The large freon or helium party balloon tank makes a good smelting pot. I welded some angle to the bottom of it so it would be stable. Cut the tank in half and bent a pour spout in the top and added a bucket handle. Works well
Be careful using cast iron as a smelting pot it could crack.

Oh snap... just snagged two 6 cavity molds for .356 and .452 and a set of handles for to use between the molds....

got lead on standby and will be ordering bullet sizers as well as Eastwood powder coat for later.

Stupid molds are as hard to get as primers it seems.

0474EC43-89E0-4302-AE82-9F621DC9F1DB.png
AD6B8345-ABFC-4CA2-B466-8FB8B1E63145.png
7CCBC403-3B68-4FC5-A7C3-4310C7DC6203.png

You will probably do like me. I got into casting after Sandy Hook. Did it awhile while components were scarce. After the availability came back up and the prices came down, I started buying factory bullets again. Now I keep my casting stash for emergencies and for the big cost boolits like for .45-70 and heavy 454 and 45 colt.

Rosewood

Possibly but I’m more looking into casting just because I want to make my own projectiles. I’m sure I will add other calibers as they become available to cast but for now, I’m happy to start out with my two most used calibers.

You will probably do like me. I got into casting after Sandy Hook. Did it awhile while components were scarce. After the availability came back up and the prices came down, I started buying factory bullets again. Now I keep my casting stash for emergencies and for the big cost boolits like for .45-70 and heavy 454 and 45 colt.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom